Part twelve

Daniel- When were you going to tell me that you're pregnant?

I froze

Shit.

Of course he found out before I could tell him.

Why did I hug him?
Why didn't I stay sitting until he left?

I turn around and walk back towards him. He points to the bench and I sit back down. He sits down beside me but he leaves more space this time.

There's a foot in between us and his head is in his hands.

Daniel- Why didn't you tell me? I would've been there for you and the baby. I could've been helping you, but you took that away from me

Y/n- Well considering I only just now got the note with your number on it, and I tried getting in contact with you. I almost called your manager, but I didn't. Sam had to message your brother for us to get in contact and that was a long shot. I don't even know how that DMing him even worked.

Daniel looks up at me but stays in silence.

Y/n- You can't be mad at me for not telling you, I didn't even have a way of telling you

Daniel- So it is mine?

Y/n- Of course, I wouldn't be here if I even had the slightest doubt it wasn't.

Daniel- How far along are you now?

Y/n- 5 months
Daniel smiles and scoots closer to me

Daniel- Do you know the gender yet?

Y/n- Kind of
I let out a small laugh as he gives me a confused look

Daniel- What do you mean, kind of?

Y/n- Sam has it written down in an envelope. I didn't want to know yet until you knew about the baby. It's in her suit case at the hotel.

Daniel- So we can find out? Together?

Y/n- Yeah, unless you don't want to. I'm curious to know, but if you don't, then I understand

Daniel- No, no. I want to know. I'm really excited about this. I want to be there, for you and the baby, and I want to be there to help raise it.

Y/n- Are you sure? I can do this on my own, you know?

Daniel- No, I'm going to be there.
He takes a deep breath

Daniel- I'm going to be there. I just need to figure out a way to break this to the boys and management. I bet Jack's going to love this. He won't be the only dad in the band.
He lets out a laugh and looks at me

Daniel- Oh my god, I'm going to be a dad!
He jump up from the bench and I laugh. He turns around and looks at me

Daniel- I'm going to be a dad, y/n
He quickly jumps up and down, then he picks my chin up with his hand and leans in quick and kisses me. He quickly pulls back after realizing what he's done.

Daniel- I'm so sorry! It was a spur of the moment thing
I laugh

Y/n- It's okay Daniel, I totally get it. It was nice to kiss you again but shouldn't you be going to your meeting?

Daniel- Crap, my meeting! Do you need a ride? You can come to the meeting with me, and we can tell the boys the news together

I push myself back up off the bench and we start walking towards his car.

Y/n- I'll take the ride, but are you sure you want me there when you tell them?

Daniel- Of course! They probably won't believe me if I told them and you weren't there to prove it

Daniel rushes over to the passenger seat door and opens it for me. I smile as he grabs my hand and helps me into the car.

Y/n- What a gentleman, mister Seavey
I say as I adjust myself in the seat. Daniel closes the door and rushes over to get himself into the car.

Daniel- I have to make up for lost time
He has holding out his hand towards my stomach

Daniel- May I?
He asks reaching closer to me. I laugh

Y/n- Of course
I take his hand and place it on my stomach

Y/n- If you're lucky, you can feel the baby kicking around but it's mostly when I eat certain foods

Daniel- So we're stopping at the store after my meeting and grabbing all the foods the baby likes

I stare at him as he's in awh, touching my belly. This is what I wanted all along. I wanted him here throughout the pregnancy but it's better having him now than never.

Y/n- Hey Daniel?

Daniel- Yeah?
He asks taking his eyes off my stomach and to my eyes

Y/n- Your meeting?

Daniel- Oh crap, right. Let's go

He says removing his hand and starts driving to the meeting location.

As he's driving, we catch up, talking about tour and my doctors appointments.

We make it to a large building that he says is his record label. I tell him that I'm going to wait in the car because it seems like an important meeting for the band and I don't want to intrude.

He kisses my cheek and rushes inside, considering that he's already late.

I call Sam to give her an update on how Daniel reacted.

Sam- Ahh I'm so happy for you! I'm so glad that he's on board!

Y/n- Thank you! I'm so happy that he's happy

Sam- You two will be the happiest family! Just imagine what your Christmas cards are going to look like!

Y/n- Oh, well we haven't really discussed that part yet. I don't know if we'll be raising the baby together. We don't even live in the same city!

Sam- I'm sure you'll work things out! You two will be happy together forever!
I laugh

Y/n- Thanks Sam

Sam- So do you know what the meeting is about?

Y/n- What meeting?

Sam- The band meeting?..

Y/n- How did you know about the meeting?

Sam- You told me, obviously..

Y/n- No I didn't. How did you know?

Sam- Y/n, I think you're going crazy
She laughs and things turn awkward

Y/n- Sam, What aren't you telling me?

Sam- Okay! Fine! You know how I left before you woke up this morning?

Y/n- Yeah? I just thought you went sight seeing?

Sam- Well I did, but I had a little tour guide..

Y/n- Okay?.. Who took you?

Sam- Jack did..

Y/n- What??? I didn't even know you two were talking!! This is so cute! When did you two start talking?!

Sam- Well, that's the thing..

Y/n- What? When did this happen?

Sam- Maybe, five months ago

Y/n- You what??