OCHO

The smell of the morning dew enveloped the atmosphere as the remnants of the cold winter wind danced around, welcoming the first ray of the spring sun.

Lucy yawned, sitting on her bed as she rubbed her left eye with the back of her palm, her other hand stretching upwards with her fist closed. Today marks her first month as a housekeeper to her foster brother's house.

At first, she thought she couldn't take it, considering their relationship prior the events that has happened before their unexpected rendezvous, but she was proved wrong when as the time goes by she managed to fulfill her duties without any complications.

It is because she has to swallow her pride in order to get her works done or maybe with time... she learned that the world is not all rainbows and cupcakes, it will not revolve to one person alone.

Maybe what had happened between them in the past served as a lesson to her. If none of it had happened, maybe she's still that self centered Lucille Angela and he's still that Nigel whom she hated the most.

Lucy smiled at her own reflection, she brushed her long blonde hair before deciding to put it in a messy knot bun, her bangs cover most of her forehead as she placed a red scarf just above her hairline.

When she's finally satisfied, she opened the door of her room only to see Natsu went out of his room—next to hers, at the same time.

He's wearing a black button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a khaki slacks, and a black topsider.

"Good morning." He languidly greeted, closing the gap between them as he placed his hand on top of her head. His eyes glimmering with amusement.

"Good morning." She greeted back. Lucy felt Natsu's hand slowly fall on her shoulders as he guided her to the staircase.

"What are you going to do today?" He asked as they reached the kitchen.

"The usual." Lucy uttered, sitting at the high chair as Natsu proceeded to take something out of the refrigerator to prepare for their breakfast.

On her first days in Natsu's house, Lucy always volunteers to prepare everything—since it's in the scope of her job but Natsu insisted that he'll be responsible for the food preparation and Lucy will handle the rest.

Natsu nodded his head as he placed a pan on the electric stove. His back is facing her, she couldn't help but check out the changes in his body throughout the years they're apart.

His back is broad, even though he's wearing his clothes, she knew how ripped his muscles are just by merely looking at him. He's already muscular before, but his muscularity right now is in a whole new level. His hair, it added to his manliness despite its colour.

Lucy blinked once, and when she opened it again, her gaze met his onyx ones. A smirked is now plastered on his lips and Lucy cannot help but feel all heat went straight to her head.

Natsu softly shook his head once before caressing his hair from his nap upwards before letting out a sigh. Lucy on the other hand averted her gaze down the counter top, embarrassed that Natsu just caught her gawking at him.

She doesn't know what's more embarrassing, the fact that Natsu caught her or the fact that he remained silent until he finished cooking their breakfast.

Natsu placed a plate full of Bacons and hotdogs on the counter top, he also prepared toasted breads, scrambled eggs and black coffee for them to share.

"Evangeline will come here today." Natsu said in between their meal and Lucy could only nod her head, "I'll be back before dinner, do you want anything?" He asked.

Lucy took a mouthful of eggs, slowly chewing the food as she looked upwards to think of something, puckering her lips a little bit, "Hmm, maybe... dark chocolate milk tea with tapioca pearls." She said. Natsu nodded his head.

"Anything else?" Lucy shook her head.

Eating breakfast with him is peaceful, Lucy never imagined that their relationship would turn out this way... Heck, she didn't even imagine meeting him again.

When they finished their breakfast, Natsu bid her his farewell. She waved her hands to him and when he's finally out of sight, Lucy started doing her usual chores.

She cleaned what they've used for breakfast, and as she unload the dishwasher, she heard the doorbell rang. Absentmindedly, Lucy wiped her hands with some paper towel as she languidly sashayed towards the front door.

Not bothering to check the intercom as she was expecting Evangeline, Lucy opened the door but much to her surprised when she saw a fair looking woman on the gate, not so far from her is a white sedan.

Although hesitant, she went to the gates so that she could ask the woman who she is.

"Good morning." The woman greeted, her eyes scanning her in the process.

"Good morning, how can I help you?" Lucy politely asked. The woman is sporting a bobcat hair, making her platinum blonde—almost white hair look so sophisticated. She's wearing a black turtle neck sleeveless dress and a pair of high boots, a teardrop like diamond earrings and a Louis Vuitton shoulder bag.

"I was wondering if Natsu's inside?" The woman asked, she put her overly dramatic sunglasses on top of her head, revealing her blue eyes.

"Uh... Nigel—I mean, Natsu isn't here. He just left." Lucy mumbled. The latter raised her brows before nodding her head.

"Is that so?" Lucy could only nod her head.

"Uhm, would you mind telling me your name? So that I could mention your visit to him when he gets back from his work." Lucy said.

"Sure, I'm Lisanna. Please tell him I miss him, and to call me." The woman who introduced herself Lisanna said while smiling. She fished her car keys to her shoulder bag, pressing the middle button and her car immediately opened.

The engine roared to life after she entered. Lucy couldn't explain the uneasiness she felt when she saw her car leave. She looked at her clothes, she's wearing a maroon spaghetti top, denim jacket, and loose square cut pants.

Compared to Lisanna, she looks like a beggar next to a princess.

And damn, she's so beautiful.