DOS

The rain was pouring down so hard, Lucy huffed an air as she puckered her lips because she forgot her umbrella in their home for she'll be late for her first period in half an hour, she was on her last year in her elementary.

She raised her wristwatch and saw that its already four in the afternoon, in another thirty minutes, her favorite noon time show will air.

Deciding to cross the rain, the blonde raised her bag in her head. She was almost at the gates when she realized that there isn't any single drop of rain that touched her.

Slowly, she looked up and saw that there's an umbrella shielding her from the rain. Lucy furrow her forehead and turned her head to the owner of the umbrella.

Shades of pink disheveled hair registered to her eyesight, a toothy grin of her adoptive brother makes her furious without further ado. The whole of his body is soaking wet for he is holding his umbrella for her and the other is holding his bag to his head.

"What are you doing, Nigel?" She uttered coldly, rages ignites in her eyes like a wild fire.

"Uh, shielding you from the rain? You're welcome." He said, the smile didn't left his lips. Lucy rolled her eyes. She doesn't need his help.

"I mean, what are you doing here? Didn't I make it clear to you that I don't want to see you around? Don't talk to me, don't act too close to me, I don't want anyone to think that we knew each other." She murmured, anger dripped on her voice like acid which makes the pinkette pucker his lips.

He was already in the middle school, yet Lucy didn't know why he's in the primary school. Who cares? He just probably passed by.

"Sorry, Lucy." Nigel uttered, looking at his side to avoid eye contact with the blonde.

"Just leave me alone. I don't need you here, I can go home on my own." She snarled, she walked away but the boy kept walking beside her, she turned to face him again, "Are you deaf or are you just plain stupid? Didn't you understand what I just said?"

"I know. I'm sorry," Nigel apologized, he reached his umbrella to her, "Keep this, so you won't get wet." He said, handing her his umbrella but the blonde just looked at it.

"And what if I refused? You're not the boss of me, Nigel." She curtly said.

"I'm already soaking wet, its futile for me to still carry it around. If you won't get this, you'll get wet too-"

"Tch, I don't need your help." Lucy cut him off before she ran, but much to her surprise when Nigel kept with her pace as he languidly strode his way to her.

"Just take this. I promise I won't walk with you." Nigel said, he took her hand that is on her side and firmly let every fingers hold the shaft of the umbrella before she pushed her.

She was dumbfounded, her heart beats rapidly fast when she saw him smiling at her as he waved his hand to her, motioning goodbye.

She furrow her eyebrows in process. She hated it when he's showing pity towards her. She hated it when he smiles at her. She hated it when how his eyes speaks volume whenever their gaze connects. She hated it when he think of her as a little sister when in fact he's not. She hated him to the brim.

Lucy let out a long exasperated sigh, arguing with him would be useless. She rolled her eyes and walked towards their way home. When she's a few miles away, Lucy looked behind her, the street is empty, that's when she realized that Nigel is true to his words.

"I'm home." She cried when she came home, she folded the umbrella and put it in the sack while taking off her shoes and took her indoor slippers next to Nigel's blue one.

She quickly changed her uniform into casual clothes and went to their living room. She watched her favorite noon time show about a liberated girl who got tamed by an uptight guy, and thus their relationship starts when the girl make out a name of the guy's first love.

She was so engrossed with the show but gets distracted when the door from the outside swung open, Nigel who is soaking wet entered their house while trembling.

"I'm home." He mumbled in a low tone that made the blonde shiver.

"Oh, Nigel! What happened to you? You're soaking wet!" Layla cried when she saw her son, worry etched to her eyes as she watch him take off his shoes.

Lucy stiffened. She doesn't know if it's because Nigel might told her mother that she's the reason why he's soaking wet or because her mother is too worried for that bastard. She can't remember how worried her mother was to her when she was the one that is soaking.

Rage filled her system so much. She glared daggers to the boy who is smiling assuredly to her parents who gave him a fresh clean towels.

"It's alright, mom. I forgot my umbrella and I saw that the rain won't stop anytime soon, that's why I decided to ran my way here." Nigel explained, although Lucy realized that his adoptive brother protected her by not telling the truth, she can't help but loathe him more.

He is definitely taking away her parents from her.

He is trying to gain sympathy to her parents.

That shouldn't care that much to him. He's not a real relative to them. He is just a stranger.

Her chest felt heavy as she looked at them. It's as if they don't need her anymore because Nigel is there. Tears swell, her quite chinky eyes turn red as her nose gain foreign colour because of what he had thought.

Lucy harshly wiped the tears that formed. There is no way she'll cry because of him. She ran to her room with so much hatred on her eyes.

She'll never like him, not ever in her entire life.