DIEZ

"Luce..." He heard Natsu mumbled which caused her to snapped out of her trance. Lucy flinched, and with a trembling hand, she brushed his hand that is on her cheeks.

It's as if a herd animals had a stampede on her chest. Her breathing became uneven, she couldn't name what she's seeing in his expression... and as to what's happening to her, she doesn't know what caused her to feel this way.

She saw how his Adams apple protruded when he swallowed hard. Without thinking, Lucy stood up but Natsu's gaze followed her. She saw how his lips parted... Does he always have those pinkish lips?

"H-Have you bought me milk tea?" She asked, trying to change the topic... The tension between them is too thick if it is tangible, one could cut open with a knife.

"Yes. It's actually on the kitchen." Natsu uttered, he stood up from his former position, towering over here which immediately make her feel intimidated.

"Okay. I'll take it to my room." Lucy uttered, going to the kitchen to take the milk tea even though doesn't have the appetite to ear or drink anything.

"Have you eaten dinner?" She heard Natsu asked, he had followed her to the kitchen. Lucy gave him a side glance before giving him a firm shook of her head indicating that she hasn't eaten her supper yet.

"I'm not really hungry... But if you're hungry I can prepare your dinner for you, Evangeline cooked aglio e olio before she left." Lucy stated. She didn't dare glance at Natsu as she took utensils from the cabinet, put a serving of pasta on the plate before placing it in front of the pinkette.

She swallowed the lump that started to form in her throat, "Good night." She murmurs before leaving Natsu on the kitchen.

"Lucy." He called but she didn't stop to look at him. Her heart is badly aching that if she dare look at him, she afraid that it may cause her something she hasn't felt yet in her entire life... She knew looking back at him is dangerous... very, very dangerous indeed.

She locked the doors. Her heart is hammering in her ribcage.

"No, no, no, no!" She repeatedly mumbled to herself. She went to the bathroom to let off some steam but the hot water didn't relaxed her at all.

She abhors him.

Yes.

Ever since she was a child, she abhors him.

She made that clear to him on the night of her eighteenth birthday.

Nothing has changed. She still hates him to the brim. The only thing that changed between them is that he became her employer and she became civil to him.

Yes.

He's still that Nigel Prieto she hated since the day she met him.

She comforted herself with that thought just so she couldn't entertain the unknown feelings that suddenly bloomed in her heart... A feeling she couldn't name... feelings not worth mentioning to anyone, even herself.

Lucy woke up the next morning late. She looked at her alarm clock on her bedside table and saw that it's already nine in the morning.

Exasperated, she ran her palm on her face up to her hair before she decided to stand up. She set the alarm clock to ring at six in the morning but she didn't heard it. Natsu must have let her sleep and didn't bother waking her up.

She went on with her usual morning routine. She didn't bother making it quick since she knew she's the only person in the house. When she's done, she wore a plain pink spaghetti strapped dress that hugs her curves. She put on a color changing lip balm before she went out of her room.

She's right. She's alone in the house. Natsu went to work which made her heave a sigh of relief since she don't know how to properly act with him after what happened last night.

Lucy went to the kitchen to eat her breakfast. When she opened the cabinet where the cereals and other stocks were stored, she saw that it's almost empty. She hummed to herself as she took the corn based cereal and opened the refrigerator only to see that it's almost empty as well.

"Hm, time to go to the supermarket." She murmurs, every week she goes to the supermarket to buy their stocks, Natsu entrusted her his black credit card in case she needs to buy something for the house. At first she doesn't want to because... well... It's his money and she doesn't want anything to do with it, but then he told her that he's responsible for the house needs.

When she finished her breakfast, she washed the dishes before going back to her room to brush her teeth, she then took her strapped bag where she could put the important stuff, she wore a black trench coat to match her black combat boots.

She opened her car using the remote keys as she closed the doors of the house. Natsu allowed her to use one of the many cars he has whenever she's going out. She didn't bother protest since she knew it's futile.

She shopped for what's necessary for the house, when she already had everything she had listed, she went to the counter to pay. Across her is a brunette, just as the bagger finished putting all of what she bought in the cart, the man is done paying too. She gave him a timid smile before going to the exit.

When she saw her car, her lips went agape as she stopped on her tracks. She let go of the cart as she surveyed her parked car. Two of wheels were flat. Great! How come she didn't notice it before she left the house She groaned in frustration. This is just great!

"Do you need some help?" She turned around only to see the same brunette from the Supermarket.

"Oh... Hi." She mumbled, "My tires are flat." She stated the obvious. The brunette nodded his head, he surveyed the wheels before squatting to the backside of the car.

"Definitely flat." He murmured, his hand reached something on the wheels, "If you haven't found this out yet and you're already on the road, it'll probably lead to an accident." He stated, he grunted as he pulled something out of the wheels. Lucy's eyes widened when she saw a broken screw driver on the tire.

"Oh my." She gasped. How did that get in her wheels?

She opened her bag to get her phone, she decided to have her car towed and immediately put it to the car dealership to have it fixed, she might as well have it checked since she doesn't know how serious the damage had been done to her car.

"Thank you. I'll call the Towing Service." She said.

"You're welcome... Do you want a ride? I could drop you off of your house." The brunette offered, although tempting, Lucy shook her head.

"No... You don't have to. You've done so much help already." She politely declined.

"Oh..  okay, but just so you know, cabs aren't usually strolling in this place, there's no bus, either. How will you go home without your car?" He said, clearly worried about her. Lucy looked at him in disbelief. Taxis are frequent in Germany, she thought it's the same for the USA, but maybe she's wrong.

"I'm sorry... you don't mind if I... ask for a ride, right?" She asked, before looking at her cart. She heard him laugh heartily.

"Of course not, I'm the one who actually offered it to you." He said, a smile still on his face, "Where do you live?" He asked. Lucy politely told him her address.

"See, that's where I headed, too. I live just a few blocks away from you." He smiled, Lucy couldn't help but smiled back.

"Really?"

"For real. I'm Dan by the way, what about you?" He asked.

"I'm Lucy."