DEICINUEBE

A couple of months have passed since Lucy left his place. She went to August's place to aid him as one of his caregivers.

She did not give him a word or two, she just left the moment her contract ended. She wondered as to why she would notify him, he was barely around since he's assisting his pregnant fiance. He doesn't need her. He was fine being with his family.

August was good to her. The moment she stepped foot to his demesne he considered her as his granddaughter. Unbeknownst to her, the old man wrote a will giving her everything he had when he passed away. Given that he does not have any relatives to go against it, the whole riches were placed under her name. At first, she didn't want to believe it.

The mere thought of her becoming an owner of a half a century and more years old empire and a multi-billionaire overnight is the most ridiculous thing she could have heard of. That only happens in the movie or rather in fiction. This is reality.

But when August's lawyer showed her the legal writing of his last will and testament, all she could do is believe, although everything sounded so absurd in her ears.

Her father's recovery is accelerating due to his o going treatment. She was able to continue her studies and has opened a new business while managing the company August left her. She bought a small Buffalo house near the restaurant she owned and donated some of what August's had left her to the charity.

She was happy.

She was contented.

Or so she thought.

She tried her best to occupy most of her time doing things that could prosper her company and well being. She busied herself on purpose in order to not remember his menacing eyes, but whenever she had a second to breathe all she could see is everything she tried to forget about him.

Those pinkish hair, narrow nose, reddish lips and those sardonic eyes.

Fuck.

She must have been cursed.

Lucy puckered her lips as she woke up in her trance an afternoon she had an ample amount of time to rest.

The chime of her doorbell is audible enough to reach her at her backyard. She languidly stood up, wondering if it's the delivery guy from her restaurant, she ordered her dinner in advance so that it wouldn't be a hassle during the rush hour.

"Just a minute!" She murmurs just loud enough for the delivery guy to hear. When she's in front of the door, she twisted the knob almost immediately.

Her heart thumped suddenly that it literally caused her an acute pain in the chest as she hitched her breathing. Her eyes dilated as she felt her body froze.

"Lucy..."

Natsu Dragneel is in front of her.