18: Faded

Y/n's POV
As soon as I walked into my apartment with Daveed, Alexander and Eliza ran over to me. Though they seemed extremely sad.

"Oh my god, Y/n." Eliza sighed, holding my broken arm. Well... y'know..

"Are you alright?" Alex panicked.

"Yeah I'm ok." I smiled.

Alexander turned to Daveed and gave him a hug. Daveed shivered a bit from Alex's ghostly figure and stood there awkwardly.

"Ahem," Alex coughed as he pulled away. "Sorry."

Daveed nodded a bit and walked me to the couch.

As soon as I sat down, Lafayette and Peggy walked through the door. Laf gasped when he saw me.

"Y/n, mon petit lion." He sighed, walking over to me.

"Hi, Laf." I smiled a bit, though he didn't smile back. "What's wrong?" I asked.

Lafayette took a breath in before answering.

"John, Angelica, and Philip faded..." Laf muttered. I froze. Daveed looked over at me confused.

"What does faded mean?" Daveed asked.

They couldn't have faded... they said they'd be with me forever!

"Heh.. you're kidding." I smiled, looking at Eliza, Peggy and Alexander.

They solemnly shook their heads.

"They wanted to stay at home and wait for you, they ran out of energy and just.. faded." Alex whimpered.

Daveed took out his phone and began searching what faded means.

They moved on into the afterlife... how could they be so stupid?!

I thought over my options on how to say what I was about to.

"H-How long until you all fade?" I asked.

It was silent for about a minute before Eliza spoke up.

"We think the rest of Alexander and I's children have already gone, Peggy and I probably have a week..." Eliza trailed off, not wanting to finish. "We think that Alexander, Herc, and moi are going to stay." Laf finished.

I stared at Eliza for a moment, wanting to hug her, but looked down at my lap.

"Oh no.." Daveed mumbled, putting his phone down and pulling me into a hug. "I'm so sorry, Y/n." He mumbled.

I just shook my head, happy that I had Daveed to talk to.

354 words!

So uh... I'll explain what fading in this story means.

So basically, fading is when your ghost doesn't get enough energy. If you have a group of ghosts (like Y/n does) only the one's that she's closest with will stay. 

So uh... no more John, Angelica, Philip.... or Eliza... or Peggy...