5: Making up/ Confessions

Y/n's POV
I walked into the public with my helmet resting on my waist. I was a bit late for rehearsal but I have never been late before so I had a good chance of being let off the hook. I walked out on to the stage watched as everyone talked in a little huddle.

"Um.. what're you guys doing?" I asked. They all jumped apart and looked at me. "Wwwaaaiting for you to get here!" Lin lied. "That's a complete lie but whatever." I chuckled, and with that, we started rehearsal.

Whenever Anthony went near me, Daveed would step closer to me or glare at him from across the stage. Anthony seemed to get the memo when we are about 3/4 of the way through the whole show and backed off the best he could.

After we were done rehearsing, we had about 2 hours until the next show. I decided to ask Daveed what was up.

I sighed a bit before knocking on Daveed's dressing room door. "Come in!" Daveed called. I walked in and closed the door behind me. "Oh.. hey Y/n.." He sighed. "What's up with you?" I asked, sitting on his couch next to him. "You got all angry last night after Blow Us All Away and haven't talked to me since." I frowned. "I'm sorry." Daveed sighed as he rested his face in his hands. "It's ok, but I want to know what I did wrong so I can not do it again." I told him. "Nothing. Just doing your job. I was jealous." Daveed mumbled.

"Why were you jealous?" I asked after a moment or two. He muttered something super quietly that I couldn't hear. "What'd you say?" I asked. "I like you. Like.. like like you." He said a little louder. I blushed bright red and stared at him in shock. "You? You like me?" I asked. Daveed nodded as Alexander and John walked through the closed door and stared.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Why're you trying to talk me out of liking you?" Daveed chuckled, finally looking up at me. "I don't know," I started with a shrug. "I just see some things that you don't, I guess." I answered, referencing my ancestors and all my flaws that I hide from others.

"What do you mean?" Daveed asked, facing me a bit more. I looked at Alexander and John who had moved to behind Daveed. They both nodded at me. "I can see and talk to my ancestors." I said quickly. Daveed laughed. "That's funny, Y/n." He smiled. "I'm not kidding." I sighed. Daveed looked at me confused. "I don't know if I believe you..." He mumbled, looking at me a bit. I looked at Alexander then pointed at Daveed's water bottle which was on it desk.

Alex nodded and walked over to it, pushing it off the desk. Daveed yelped when it hit the floor. "You have to tell the others, Y/n." Daveed sighed. "No.. no. The more people that know about them the weaker they get. I can't loose them too." I sighed. "Them?" Daveed asked. "Alexander Hamilton, Eliza Schuyler-Hamilton, their children, Eliza's sisters, John Laurens, Lafayette, and Hercules Mulligan." I sighed. Daveed nodded a bit and messed with his hair.

Alex and John waved at me before walking out of the closed door. "Is that why you mumble and nod or shake your head a lot?" Daveed asked. I chuckled and nodded a bit.

"Are they still I here?" He asked, looking around. "No, wh-." I was cut off by Daveed kissing me. I hummed in surprise but kissed back and cupped his face. He winced and pulled away. "What? What's wrong?" I asked in a panic. "Nothing, your hands are just really cold." Daveed chuckled. I laughed a bit as well and scooted closed to him, cuddling into his side.

Daveed smiled and wrapped one of his arms around me while grabbed my hands to warm them up. We sat in silence for a few moments. "This is nice." I muttered, pressing my face into his chest. He nodded and hugged me a bit tighter.

~1 hour and 30 minutes later~
"Ready?" Daveed asked me in a whisper as we waited at our starting points backstage. "No... but I'll manage. How about you?" I asked as the show started. "I'm great with you by my side." He smiled. I blushed and rolled by eyes as his cue was about to come up. "Break a leg." I whispered. "Always." Daveed whispered back, kissing my forehead before walking out. "Someone's got a crush~." Lin teased before rushing away. I blushed a bit and went out on stage.

785 words!

I know it's short, but I felt bad for favoring the one shot book for a second so I updated this :)