8: Before the Date

Y/n's POV
"Come on Y/n, he's gonna ask you out really soon!" Jasmine said dramatically as she fell onto the couch in my dressing room. "I don't know.." I started with a sigh. "I just really like him. And I know he kissed me-." "HE KISSED YOU?!" Jazzy screeched. "Go ahead and tell the world about it." I rolled my eyes as I turned around in my chair and began my stage makeup. "Sorry.. continue." Jazzy apologized.

"I feel like he's scared of rejection even though I confessed my feelings towards him as well." I explained. "He's also never really been that confident with love." Rafa shrugged as he strutted in, closing the door behind him. "We could've been changing you know." I laughed. "I just assumed since you're talking about Daveed that you weren't. And I was right." Rafa smirked at me through the mirror while sitting down and pointing at the door when he said Daveed.

I rolled my eyes again and began putting on some light red lipstick. Usually I skipped this step but stage hands were scolding me about it and it was getting on my nerves.

"You never wear lipstick." Jasmine read my mind. "Yeah well I'm getting tired of stage hands scolding me about it." I laughed. A knock at the door sounded. "Come in!" I called, glaring at Rafa. He just shrugged and unlocked his phone.

The door opened and Daveed walked in. "Y/n- oh... hey." Daveed stopped himself while looking at Jasmine and Rafa. "Uh, Y/n I was wondering if I could talk to you about something... alone." Daveed wondered. "Oh, yeah. Get out." I smiled sarcastically at Jazzy and Rafa. They both laughed and walked out.

"What's up?" I asked turning to Daveed after finishing my lipstick. "You never wear lipstick during the show.." Daveed mumbled. "Getting pestered everyday for it was getting annoying." I chuckled. Daveed nodded and stood there awkwardly.

"Are you ok?" I asked, standing up and putting my hand on his forehead. "Yeah.. yeah I'm ok." Daveed smiled as he grabbed my wrist gently and took it from his forehead. "Ok.. what's wrong? Did I do something? I can make it up to you I swear!" I panicked. "No. You didn't do anything wrong. I promise. I just have to ask you something." He soothed me as he sat me down on my couch.

I looked at him concerned, grabbing his hand to comfort him. "I was wondering.. um. Are you free tonight? After the show?" Daveed asked me. "Yeah? Do you need anything tonight?" I asked. "A date." He said simply. "What?" I asked, confused. "A date. With you." Daveed smiled. "Really? Even with the whole.. seeing things?" I mumbled the last part. Daveed nodded. "Oh.. then, yes!" I smiled excitedly. A big smile formed on Daveed's face as well.

He stood after kissing my forehead in thanks and walked to the door quickly. Daveed opened the door, making Lin, Jasmine and Rafa all stumble into the room. I chuckled and shook my head as I saw Alexander behind the three people, glaring at Daveed.

8:00 pm
"You said yes." Alex growled as I walked through the door excitedly. "What do you mean?" I asked as I saw everyone sat in the living room. "You're going on a date!" John smiled excitedly. "Yeah?" I drawled out. "I don't know. It just feels like you're going a little fast with Daveed." Alex shrugged while sitting on the couch next to his wife. Herc and Laf looked at me, about to burst into a fit of laughter. "Well, one; I've known Daveed for a year and almost a month. And two; you married Eliza two weeks after knowing each other." I scoffed. Herc, Laf, and John all burst into a fit of laughter while Alex blushed a bit.

"How's this?" I asked doing a little spin of the burgundy dress I was wearing.(Picture at the bottom) "To much skin." Alexander huffed. Eliza rolled her eyes, Angelica doing so as well. "You look great, Y/n." Eliza smiled. I nodded and sat on the couch, waiting for Daveed to show up.

About 5 minutes later, a knock on the door sounded. Alex stood and walked over to the door, opening it. "Uh... hey one of Y/n's dead ancestors." Daveed chuckled awkwardly. I rolled my eyes from the couch as Alexander looked over at me and started acting like a 5 year old. "Hey, Daveed." I smiled, grabbing my phone and my keys. I closed the door after waving goodbye to everyone and locked the door.

"So, who opened the door?" Daveed asked me. "Alexander. He's all mad because we're going on a date after a year of knowing each other." I rolled my eyes as we walked. "Didn't he marry Eliza like after two weeks?" Daveed chuckled. "Yeah." I laughed along.

819 words!

819 words!

Been a while? Yeah sorry about that...