9: The Date

Y/n's POV
"No way..." I whispered as Daveed and I walked up to a fair's entrance. "Yes way." Daveed chuckled as he got some tickets for us. "I've never been to one of these before..." I smiled excitedly as we walked inside the entrance.

"You haven't?" Daveed asked. "No.. my parents weren't the best, my grandma wasn't healthy enough to take me, cousin was a bitch, and it's kinda weird for an adult woman to go to the fair by herself." I chuckled sadly. "Well... Now you have me, and I'm gonna make sure this is the best experience you have ever." Daveed smiled at me. I smiled back as he grabbed my hand and dragged me off to a little game booth.

"Let's go on the Ferris Wheel!" I exclaimed excitedly as I grabbed hold of Daveed's hand again. It had been a few hours and Daveed promised the last thing we would do was the Ferris Wheel. We were low on tickets and honestly very tired. "Ok, ok, I'm coming!" Daveed laughed as we got in the relatively short line due to the time.

"Ten tickets please." The worker sighed. That's a whole bunch for a Ferris Wheel.. I thought to myself as I gave her our last tickets. She opened up a carriage(idk what they're called-) and we both stepped in. The wheel moved so another couple could get in. "This is an expensive Ferris Wheel." I commented as I looked around the glass surrounding us. The only things that weren't glass was the floor, the doors, and the seat.

"Yeah.. it's ok though." Daveed chuckled quietly. I continued to look around the night sky, surprised I could even see some stars.

As I was looking around the night sky, I saw my favorite constellation. Canis Major. "Daveed, look." I smiled excitedly as I pointed up at the sky. "What constellation is that?" He wondered. "Canis Major. My favorite. It's a dog. I don't really know anything about it but I feel comforted when I look up at it." I explained.

The whole time I was explaining, I thought Daveed was looking at the stars with me. He wasn't. Daveed was examining my face, how my eyes lit up whenever I would outline the constellation, how a small smile tugged at the corners of my lips. Really just everything.

"Y/n..." Daveed mumbled as we reached the top of the Ferris Wheel. I looked back down at him. "What's up?" I asked. Daveed brought his hand to my face and gently grazed his thumb over my cheek. Daveed started leaning towards me, myself following along. "You're beautiful." He whispered quietly before our lips connected in a soft kiss. When we pulled away our foreheads rested against each other.

"That was nice." I giggled a bit. Daveed smiled and nodded, pulling me into his side. "Y/n?" Daveed spoke after a few minutes of silence. "Yeah?" I answered, looking up at him. "I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend." Daveed mumbled a bit. I smiled and nodded, resting my head on his shoulder again.

"I'm tired." I chuckled quietly, rubbing my eye as we walked away from the Ferris Wheel. "I am too." Daveed whispered softly. "Do we know who's apartment is closer? I don't think we should drive to drop me off then have you drive home." I wondered. "I think mine is closer." Daveed told me. "Looks like I'm sleeping over then." I chuckled a bit.

"I doubt you want to sleep in that dress so I'm gonna get you some sweatpants and a shirt." Daveed told me as we walked into his apartment. I nodded and sat on his couch patiently.

Daveed walked back out with one of his Oakland shirts and some black sweatpants. I took them from him with a small smile and walked to his bathroom to change.

I giggled at how big everything was on me while walking back out into the living room where Daveed was watching Tv. "What're you giggling at?" Daveed asked, smiling over at me. "Nothin'." I giggled again as I walked over to the couch and snuggled into his side. Daveed wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed my forehead. Though it was slightly uncomfortable, Daveed and I fell asleep quickly.

721 words!

I know my chapters have been short and they aren't that frequent but I'm trying to apply to a different high school that my school doesn't feed into. It's really stressful. I'll give updates if you guys want them <3