t w e n t y

⚠️WARNING ⚠️ : Mentions of assault.

----------------------------------------------

The week after George and I had visited with my father for his birthday went by quickly. Before we knew it we were all getting ready for the first quidditch match of the season. Hermione and Ginny were in Marie and I's dorm room getting ready with us. Marie made plans for Tommy to meet up with us down at the pitch 10 minutes before the match started.

"Are we taking bets on how much we are going to win by today?" Ginny asked as she plopped down on my bed.

"You can't talk about the game before it happens. That's bad luck," I said as I walked over to my nightstand and grabbed my hat. 

"So, we already know we are going to win. The team has been practicing non-stop,"

"No kidding Fred and George look tired all the time," I added.

"Speak of which," Marie said, "Did you tell George good luck?"

"I was hoping to catch him this morning but I woke up too late."

"You should go catch him before the game starts," Marie said.

"He's probably busy. I don't want to disrupt him."

"Are you stupid?" Marie exclaimed as she walked out of the bathroom, "he is probably waiting for you to tell him good luck."

"She's right," Ginny said as she propped herself on her elbows and looked towards me. I looked over at Hermione who was particularly quiet.

"Anything you would like to add, Hermione?" I questioned.

"Not really other than the fact that you probably should. He does like you, everyone can see it and you like him as well."

"You three are unbelievable," I huffed out as I grabbed my scarf off the floor and headed towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" Ginny asked as she giggled through her teeth. Marie joining by her side.

"Where do you think?" I sassed back as I pulled the door open. 

"Don't forget to give him a kiss," Ginny shouted. 

"Now wouldn't you all just love that," I said as I pulled the door closed. When the door lacked I heard all three of them squeal with each other. I wrapped my scarf around my neck and headed down the stairwell and out of the Gryffindor dormitories. 

I walked the halls looking for the Gryffindor locker room. Turning each and every corner that was closer to the pitch. Not knowing where I was going because I have never seen the locker room in my life. Well just once. I played one game my 3rd year and then quit after how hard and rough it was. Believe me, I was not built for that game. 

After a while, I figured I was getting closer as I heard the blustering sounds of laughter coming from an unknown room to me. I pulled my hat on a little tighter as I contoured walking as the cold air had blown in. 

"I remember when you used to come down here to wish me good luck before games," I heard Bryce say. My heart sinking to my stomach, "here to wish me good luck, baby." 

I didn't respond. I kept walking. Hoping was getting closer.

"I'm talking to you!" He shouted this time. I still kept walking.

"Are you going to answer me or walk away like the little weak and pathetic bitch you are," He scoffed. This time I turned on my heels looking straight at him as he now stood a few feet away from me.