f i f t y - f o u r

I could no longer carry on with Hermione, Harry, and Ron for the hunt of the last Horcruxes. The three of them stayed for a few days here at Shell Cottage with Bill and Fleur before heading to Diagon Alley. I had been up in one of the spare rooms attempting to sleep to feel better. Fleur tried to make some potions that would help but she wasn't as strong as she used to be when she was in school and she knew my wounds and broken bones called for someone who was more skilled than her. 

I was asleep on one of the couches one morning when I heard a familiar soft voice. I shift a bit on the couch as I tried my best not to hurt myself knowing I probably had some broken ribs.

"She is in the living room," Fleur said softly as I fluttered my eyes open just a little to see her walk around the corner. 

"Molly," I cheered as I sat up a little. Taking in a sharp breath as I felt something point me again

"Oh my dear Daisy," She said as she made her way over towards me as I gripped my side, "What happened?"

"Bellatrix," I managed to say as it hurt to breathe, "I had to go with the snatchers. It was the only way to save Ron and me. I'm sorry I couldn't let anything happen to Ron."

"It is okay," She said as she grabbed my face, "You were brave but now we need to fix you up and help you heal. Is this all that she did to you?" Dropping her hands from my face as she examines my visible wounds.

"And more," I breathed heavily.

"She's been complaining about her breathing since she's been here. I think Bellatrix may have broken a rib or two," Bill said as I looked towards him standing in the doorway.

"Oh dear," Molly sighed as she went to grab the bottom of my shirt, "Can I look?" I nodded as she lifted up my shirt to reveal a huge bruise the size of three bludges around my left rib cage. She pressed lightly on my ribcage as I cried out. Biting my bottom lip as I sucked in a sharp breath. 

"I am going to kill that bloody witch. You have four broken ribs that are puncturing your lung which is why your breathing is so shallow. I can see some bruising around your lower abdomen. I can only assume there is more but let's focus on your ribs right now," Molly said, "You are going to be fine dear. Nothing that I can't fix. Plus I think I brought something that might help." As she smiled. Not even a second later George came walking around the corner. 

"George," I whisper cried as he came to my side. 

"Hi," He said as he grabbed my hands. Feeling his blisters as I brought them closer to me. 

"What are you doing here?" I cried as he placed one of his hands on my forehead. Pushing away the hair that had fallen in my eyes.

"Bill sent a letter that you were hurt. I begged mom to let me come."

"Of course you did," I giggled as I place a hand on his face, running my thumb over his cheek, "of course you did."

"Alright, Daisy, this is going to hurt," Molly said as I looked down at her. Her wand was steady in her hand as she pressed it against my skin where my broken ribs were. Shutting my eyes tight as she pressed hard. Letting my hand leave George's face as I grabbed his hands again. 

"Hey," George whispered as I opened my eyes and looked up at him, "look at me. Just look at me. You'll be okay. Just squeeze my hand." 

"Ready?" Molly asked as I nodded my head. Gripping George's hand tightly as I felt my ribs move back into place. Screaming out as they did so but finally my breathing felt normal. 

"That's it," Molly said as she pulled my shirt back down, "the bruising will still be there for a few days and so will the other bruises but at least your lungs aren't being punctured anymore. Why don't we get you up to the spare bedroom? George can you carry her."