t w e n t y - f i v e

I quickly took off. Wanting to see George and make sure he was okay first. I raced up the stairs and pushed the door open into his room. I scanned the room and there he was sitting on the edge of his bed with his hands on his head. I quietly closed the door behind me and slowly walked over towards him. George's sniffles filling the room as I felt my heartache for him.

"You okay Georgie?" I asked softly as I sat down next to him.

"No," He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. Lifting his head just a little to look over at me, "It's tough seeing him like that. Mom is barely holding it together. Bill and Charlie are staying with her while we are all trying to stay strong. But it's tough."

"I'm sorry George," I whispered as I placed my hand on his back and moved my fingers in a circular motion.

"It just, who would do something like that," He croaked as he turned his head towards me.

"I don't know George but whoever they are they will be punished." 

"It's not just that. It's not fair," George cried, "he doesn't deserve this. He could have died and then we would have been killed. That's my dad, Daisy. I can't lose him. We can't." I pulled George into me as I held him close while he cried softly. Gently rubbing his back as he slipped his arms around my waist.

"You won't. He is going to be okay. I know it," I said calmly as I combed through his hair. 

"It's painful to watch him lay there and feel so helpless. Just to stand in the corner and watch him sleep. Knowing you can't do anything to change what happened," George said as he lifted his head from my shoulder. A few tears still streaming down his face as I placed my hands on his cheeks and whipped them away.

"I'm so sorry George," I said as I searched his eyes still cupping his face in my hands., "If I could I would take this feeling away from you. He will be okay. I promise you that. I am not sure how but your father is one of the bravest men I know. That's because he has a strong family to back him up. When he is awake and back to his normal health we will all be thankful for his recovery."

"Why are you so good to me?" He asked.

"Because you have always been there for me," I smiled as I brought his head down and kissed his forehead, "Now let's dry those eyes of yours and go get some dinner."

"I reckon it's all gone by now," George said as I dropped my hands from his cheeks.

"It better not be or I am bringing down the hammer," I protested.

"Oh, I would love to see this happened," He bantered as I got up from where I was sitting and pulled him along with me. As we walked down to the kitchen area George held my hand in his. Hearing the playful bantering of everyone as we got closer. 

I went in ahead of George pulling him along behind me as we made our way over to two empty seats next to Fred. Ginny already giving me a raised eyebrow as George and I still held each other. 

The two of us quickly filling our plates as we began to converse with those around us. 

After everyone had eaten they all went up to their rooms. George decided to stay down and help me pack away the food into the fridge while I cleaned the dishes everyone had used

"You know we should probably take Mum, Bill, and Charlie some actual food. They have had nothing but,"

"Disgusting hospital food," I giggled as I dried off the last few plates.

"Yeah," He said as I looked over at him and saw him smiling.

"If you want there are containers up in the cabinet to your left. We can package some of it up for them," I said as I saw him stick his finger in the bowl of mashed potatoes and eat it off his finger. He then turned around and looked for the containers. As I placed all the plates and utensils that we used on the drying rack and then turning around to see George pulling down three containers and then set them on the table. I grabbed one of the spoons that I just dried off and scooped some of the mash into each one of the containers as George stepped aside. He came back over with three forks and placed them in them as I playfully hit him with the lids to the containers.