t h i r t y - f i v e

When I arrived at Grimmauld I found myself in the living room. I was in full panic mode as I stood in the fireplace. Brushing some of the dust that had settled on my shoulders. My eyes scanning the room as I made my way out of the fireplace and entered the living room. Seeing as there was one person I knew I could get an answer from. My dad. 

I quickly made my way down the halls and headed towards his study room. Knowing he would be in there. He had to be. As I climbed up the stairs I could feel my chest tightening as if something bad had happened. It felt like someone was stepping on my windpipe and squeezing the life out of me as I breathed heavily. I was so preoccupied with trying to find my father I missed everyone in the dining room area, where they held all their meetings. I stopped dead on my heels and walked back down towards where everyone was at. My eyes searched the room and saw that my dad was not in there.

"Where is dad?" I asked as everyone's conversation instantly fell silent once they noticed I was in the room. 

"Daisy, something happened," Lupin began as he looked at me. His eyes looked a little puff and red. There was no smile on his face. Not that he normally smiled but in times like these he always wanted to keep others happy. Especially all the kids in the house, even though we were old enough to know what was going on.

"Where is he? Is he back at Azkaban?" I questioned again. Scared this time. Worried and panicking. My heart racing a million miles an hour

"I think it's best if you sit down," Arthur said seriously as my eyes shot over in his directions.

"Listen, if he is back at Azkaban, it's not all that bad, really," I joked as Arthur, Lupin, Tonks, and Molly shared a look with each other.

"He's not at Azkaban is he?" I croaked as I could feel the corners of my mouth quiver. I tried my best to press my lips into a straight line. To maintain my composure.

I felt my heart stop beating and my lungs forgetting how to breathe. 

"No sweetie," Molly said as she walked had gotten up from her seat and made her way over towards me. 

"We had to go to the Ministry and help Harry. Voldemort got into his mind and he originally went there to save Sirius but they soon realized that it was a trick. When we arrived Death Eaters had them surrounded and a fight broke out. To which during that fight, a distant relative of yours, Bellatrix Lestrange, murdered your father in cold blood," Lupin let fall from his lips as I had gasped for air as my lungs felt like they were filling with water. 

It felt as if someone took a knife and plunged it into my heart and twisted it over and over and over again. I couldn't think about anything else. He had just sent me a letter about the trip we were going on. I was supposed to see him again. Now he is dead. He is gone.

"No, you're lying," I choked as I shook my head. This was a joke. He was alive. He had to be. 

"You're father loved you so much, Daisy. You know that. He is so proud of you and always will be," Lupin said as he hung his head.

"He's gone?" I whispered as I looked towards Molly with tears in my eyes. I felt like I was the only one in the room. I felt like I was drowning in an ocean filled with deep black waters. That every time I came up to take another breath my lungs were filled with water. Choking me as a part of me was dying as well.

My father was gone. A father who always cared about me, even though he was in Azkaban. Someone who trusted me in the care of Remus and the Weasley's while he was gone. Never for a moment forgot about anything. He was the only real family I had left and now he was gone. I was alone in a dark world.

"Daisy?" I heard Molly's voice say from a distance as I was pulled back into reality, "Are you okay?"

"I think I need to be alone right now," I muttered through my tears.