t w e n t y - o n e

Gryffindor had won. We all cheered as they gathered on the field. All of the students went to meet up with the team as the Slytherins hung their heads low. Of course, most of them still chanting their antagonizing song at Ron.

As soon as all of us walked onto the pitch there was a large commotion. All of us pushing past the crowd of people to see Harry and George beating down on Draco Malfoy. Other students crowding around as they cheered them on. 

Fred was already being held back by other Gryffindor students. 

Ron trying to pull both Harry and George away as some of the Slytherin students tried to pull them off as well. 

"George, stop," I yelled as he pulled his hand back to punch Draco again. I took a step forward to try to stop them myself but Marie grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards her and Tommy.

Soon the fight was broken up by Dumbledore, Snape, McGonagall, and Umbridge. Casting everyone aside as Snape grabbed Georges's shoulder and pulled him off Draco as Ron held Harry back. I looked over at Umbridge who seems to cheer as she smiled deviously. Two Slytherin students, Blaise Zabini and Gregory Goyle pulled Draco up as Snape order he be taken to the infirmary. 

McGonagall dismissing those who were watching as Dumbledore and Snape escorted Fred, George, and Harry off the pitch and up towards the castle. Umbridge was the last the leave making sure all of us were gone. 

Hermione quickly catching up with Ron as we tried to figure out why the fight broke out. Apparently, Draco has said some cruel things about Harry's mother, and Molly causing George to lash out as well as Fred and Harry. 

***

It was a few hours after when Fred, George, and Harry returned to the door. That night I think Fred ended up going somewhere with Lee as I heard them two leave and Harry ended up locking himself in his dorm room. Normally after a win, there is a huge party but not tonight. Tonight it was the quietest it had ever been. 

As I was sitting in my room alone, reading over my Transfiguration book I heard a loud crash come from the boy's dormitory. I closed my book and headed that way. Pushing the door open that leads to all the different dorm rooms. The loud noise coming from the 7th year boys dormitory. I put my hand on the handle and pushed the door open. My eyes scanned the room as there was clothing everywhere. Books everywhere. George sitting on his trunk as I had pushed the door fully open.

"You okay Georgie?" I asked softly as I looked in his direction. His eyes shot my way as I noticed his tear-stained eyes. His messy hair, blood-stained faces, and his chest puffing in and out at a fast rate.

"Go away," He mumbled as he put his head in his hands. Quietly hearing his sobs pick up. I gently pushed the door closed and walked over towards him. I sat down next to him as he cried. 

"Talk to me Georgie," I said calmly while I placed my hand on his back as he leaned over towards me and rested his head on my shoulder. I wrapped my other arm around him and held him close. Knowing he needed to be comforted right now and I needed to push my worries aside.

"What happened?" I asked as he sniffled his tears away.

"Umbridge banned us from quidditch for life."

"I'm sorry, George. I know how much this means to you," I said softly.

"Meanwhile Malfoy gets to walk freely. They didn't give him any blame."

"Why?"

"We all know his family and who they work for. No one dares to mess with them. But ones of these days..." He went on. 

"I know," I said as I cut him off, "He will get what he deserves. George, I am so sorry."

"It's okay Daisy. It's just not fair."

"I know how you feel," I said as I looked at his knuckles, which were covered in dry blood and turning black and blue, "George we need to get you cleaned up."

After a few seconds, I got George up off his trunk and moved him to the bathroom. He took a seat on the toilet as I grabbed a rag and wet part of it. I turned back over to George who was taking parts of the uniform off and grabbed his hands. Whipping away the blood on his knuckles and then moved to his face. Draco had given him a pretty nasty cut on his eyebrow. I tilted Georges's head up towards me as I whipped the blood away. 

Once I was done I left George alone in the bathroom as he showered and I went on to clean up the room. Putting clothing, books, and other belongs back where they belong. Shortly after I had finished cleaning up and sat on George's bed he emerged from the bathroom with the towel wrapped around his waist. His hair dripping water down on the floor as the water trickled down his chest and formed abs. I quickly looked away as he walked over to his trunk and grabbing clean clothing. I blocked my view by putting the book on my lap in front of my face. A few moments later George sat down on his bed with his sweat pants on.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I set the book down in my lap and looked over towards him.

"Better," He said as he pulled a shirt over his torso, "thank you."

"Anytime," I said as I smiled at him, "I'm sorry about earlier."

"I know, Daisy. It's not your fault Malfoy is a little prick," George huffed.

"I'm not talking about that," I sighed.

"Then what are you talking about?" He questioned.

"Before the match. I shouldn't have gotten angry with you," I said as I sat up straighter

"It's okay. I shouldn't have tried to push you to tell me what was wrong."

"You're okay. It was just a tough subject at the moment and still is so I'd rather not talk about it yet."

"I'm sorry. I know you will tell me when you are ready. I just don't want you to feel alone or scared about whatever it is. I hope you know that," He said as he placed his hand on my knee.

"I do George and it means everything to me. Just tough me to know that. When the time is right I will tell you."

"I do. You mean a lot to me. I'm not just saying that because you are my friend, best friend beside Fred. When you're in pain, or sad, scared, mad, happy, then so am I."

"Thank you," I said as a few tears fell down my cheek. George lifting his hand up to my cheek and whipping them away gently before I even realized that I was crying.

"You're welcome," He whispered as our faces were inches away. My eyes looking between his and his lips. Feeling our heartbeats beat for each other as his hand still lingered on my cheek. Our concentration broke when the door flung open. Both of us looking towards the door as Fred and Lee came stumbling in. Laughing over each other as they looked at us. 

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Fred slurred as Lee moved him over to his side of the room.

"Ignore him. He had one too many butterbeers," Lee protested as George got up from his seat to help Lee with Fred. With that, I took my cue to leave. I slid off Georges's bed and headed towards the door.

"Goodnight boys," I said as I propped the door open. 

"Goodnight Daisy!" Fred cheered boisterously from his bed.

"Night," Lee said as he laid Fred in his bed.

"Nighty Night George," I said as I closed the door.

"Goodnight Daisy," He said as pulled the covers over Fred.