t h i r t y - t h r e e

A few days after the holiday break we were back at school. Going along with doing our assignment and taking tests and quizzes. On top of that, we were practicing even harder in the Room of Requirement. 

I was excited about today's lesson as we were learning how to cast a Patronus Charm. I was eager to find out what my Patronus would be. The twins and I were on our way to the meeting as I kept talking on and on about Patronus Charm. 

***

"You'll want to think of a happy thought. Let that thought consume you. Once you have cast your charm don't let that thought slip your mind or you will lose your Patronus. Keep your concentration strong," Harry said as he walked around us all. 

While I was working with Marie and Tommy it was hard for me to conjure a Patronus. I just kept getting a little blue ball to fade in and out. Marie had managed to conjure a beautiful hummingbird, while Tommy conjured out a dominant horse. Over in the middle of the room, the twins had been able to conjure their Partonuses. Each of the conjuring a magpie. I watched as both of their faces lit up with huge smiles as their birds flew around them. George looked towards me as he pointed towards his and smiled as if he was a small boy in a candy shop. 

George's little magpie faded away as he walked over towards me. 

"Did you get yours yet darling?" He asked as I held my wand down by my side.

"Not yet. I've been having trouble thinking of a happy thought and concentrating on it," I said as I looked out towards the middle of the room where it seemed everyone was conjuring their Patronus animal. 

"I'll help," George said as he now moved behind me, "Close your eyes and just fall into the void. Pretend as if you are the only one in the room."

"Georgie, I don't know," I said.

"Trust me. Just close your eyes," He had whispered from behind me now. 

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath. Trying my best to block out the noise of everyone in the room. I then felt George's hands on my waist. 

"Concentrate on my voice okay," He whispered again as I nodded along, "Remember the summer before last year. You and I had snuck up to the roof to watch the stars. We laid there for hours as the stars twinkled above us. You were so amazed by each constellation in the sky. That was the first night I knew I liked you. Now picture you are their ontop of the roof of the Burrows. Watching the stars above you."

And I was. I could picture that night so clearly.

There I was on top of the Burrows looking at each and every star twinkle above me. In my vision, I closed my eyes and remember the first time I got to hug my father after he escaped from Azkaban. Seeing his smiling face as I ran towards him at Lupin's farmhouse out in the field of England. I had missed him so much and dreamed of that moment. As I remember the smile on both of my dad's and my faces. 

Subconsciously I lifted my wand and held it out in front of me. 

"Expecto Patronum," I said as I opened my eyes. Out from the tip of my wand came a stream of blue lite and just a few inches from me a white wolf formed. It began to run around the room as a smile grew on my face. Running around as I kept an eye on it. Watching it stop to howl but letting out no noise and then look back over towards me. 

"You did it!" George beamed as he stood next to me. 

"Thank you," I said as I looked up at him taking one last look at my Patronus before it disappeared.

"That was all you," He said as he looked down at me.

"But you helped."

"I did but you eventually came up with the memory," He smiled as he reached for my hand, taking it into his grasp.

"You are the best. I don't know what I would do without you," I said.

"Let's hope we never find out," He said as he leaned down towards me as if he was going to kiss me but was interrupted by the room shaking. The lights all flickered as we turned our attention towards the door where we all walked in. I gripped Georges's hand tighter as we made our way over towards the middle of the room. The room began to shake more as the panic in my body rose. 

George quickly placed me behind him as a shield just as the wall came crashing in. As all of us looked through debris of the wall that was just blown in we saw the evil smirk on Umbridge's face as she had found us. The Inquisitor Squad right behind her. Draco Malfoy quickly moved next to her hold Cho Chang in his grasps as we all felt defeated. 

"Get them," She said as they all began to file in. She quickly took HArry away as the rest of us were ushered to the Great Hall where there were already rows of desks lined up. I stood close to George and Fred as we all waited for Professor Umbridge to show up. Leaving us all to wonder what our punishment would be. 

Later that night she came walking in with Harry behind her calling for us to all find our seats. At each desk was one of her special quills and scroll. I sat across from Fred and George as Marie and Tommy sat behind me. 

Once she was in front of all of us she told us the news that Headmaster Dumbledore had disappeared after being told he was to be sent to Azkaban and she was now the Headmistress. Causing all of us to moan and groan out. 

That night turned into a long night of writing lines that imprinted into our skin. I never thought that I would have to feel this pain ever again year here I was holding back tears as George looked over towards me.

"I'm sorry," He mouthed.

"It's okay," I mouthed back as I heard Umbridge clear her throat. Both of us turn our attention to her as she was looking at the two of us. She picked up her teacup and took a long sip. I think George and I both rolled our eyes at her as we turned back to our papers and continued writing as it dug further into our flesh.