t w e n t y - e i g h t

The first few days back were bliss. Everything felt at peace. Other than Professor Umbridge's stupid rules and annoying attitude ruining all the fun. Of course, classes had picked back up and were just as busy and full of assignments as they were the last term. I think Fred and George were feeling the rough end of all the rules as Umbdrige had the Inquisitor Squad following their every move. 

As soon as everyone fell into a routine it felt like everything was disrupted. The daily prophet was dropped off to everyone as we were eating lunch after classes one morning. 10 Death Eaters had escaped from Azkaban. Of course, it was the work of The Dark Lord but no one would admit it. The Daily Prophet said it was the works of the acclaimed mass murder Sirius Black as one of the Death Eater who escaped was my distant cousin of my father and me.

"How dare they blame my father for this," I said as I slammed the paper down on the table causing everyone around me to jump, "Just because he escaped doesn't mean that he helped them. How can they not see that this is the work of Voldemort."

"Daisy, calm down," Fred said as he shoved food in his mouth.

"I will not. Thank you very much," I said as I felt George's hand on my lower back.

"It's okay," He said as he rubbed my back.

"It's just unfair."

"Of course it isn't. They have to blame someone other than The Dark Lord. Your father is the easiest one to blame since he had escaped before. Plus the Ministry doesn't believe Voldemort is back," Hermione said.

"This is rubbish. Before you know it. I'll be pulled in for questioning because he is my father and I am related to Bellatrix. As if this year couldn't any worse," I said as I buried my head in my hands.

"It won't," George said as I turned my head to face him, "How about we go to the black lakes later and study out there." He brought his other hand up to my face and pushed a few strains of hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"George, it's freezing cold," I giggled as I rested my chin on my hand as his eyes searched mine. Forgetting about everyone else around us.

"Okay then we can sit by the fire in the common area," He smiled bringing his hand back to my back and drawing small circles. 

"Okay, not to be rude but either start dating each other or pretend there are other people around you," Ron said as George and I had been snapped back to reality.

"Yeah, and don't leet Umbridge see you sitting that close. We all know the 8-inch rule."

"You're one to speak," I sassed as I looked over at him.

"Gross," Ginny scoffed from the other side of the table.

"Anyways, I have to get to class. As do the rest of you," I said as I started to get up.

"I will walk you there. Seems like Marie is still occupied with Tommy."

"Bye guys," I cheered as I picked up my books.

"Bye love birds," Lee said as everyone chimed in as we walked away from the table.

George walked me to my Charms class where Marie caught up with me later. Before class began the both of us talked more about our break as we hadn't seen much of each other. 

About halfway into class Professor Flitwick was interrupted by Professor Umbridge. 

"Yes, Professor Umbridge, how can I help you?" Professor Flitwick said as we all had our attention turned towards the back where she was standing.

"I need one of your students," She said as she looked around the room until her eyes fell on me, "Miss Black, could you please come with me."

I turned my head towards Marie and rolled my eyes.