64 Hunter ⚠️

As the group walked out of the house, the rain fell on them. It was too dark to see anything in front of them- even with the lights from their wands. Scorpius closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and focused on the air around them. The darkness that penetrated it, blacker than night. Like it was empty space. He could feel the magic after a while. It was tethered in anger. Daniel. He could feel the emotion that fueled his instinctual magic, in the darkness. It felt like fire. Angry and almost defensive.

It was so different than Scorpius's, that was rooted in that flood of power. His felt like ice, cold water. Like the rain.

Scorpius imagined how his instinctual magic could snuff out that darkness. How it could put out that rage, the fire. The cold chasing out the heat. It worked, because soon Scorpius only could feel the slightest twinge of fire in the air. The magic was lifting. And when he opened his eyes again, the darkness had disappeared. All that was left was those dark rain clouds that poured down on them.

And ahead of them, on the street, was Selwyn and Abraxas Malfoy. The man who assisted Selwyn in sneaking into the Malfoy's family via poly juice potion. Scorpius didn't even have to wonder why he'd pick Selwyn's side. Abraxas and his son Julian never liked Lucius and the fact he held the title of the manor. That's all this was about.

Selwyn only had to promise them honor- to bring back the Malfoy name after Lucius and his offspring destroyed it. Destroyed their legacy. After the war, Lucius turned in other deatheaters to the ministry so that he and his family wouldn't go to Azkaban. But those choices have followed the family since then. Malfoy's weren't thought of as just wealthy purebloods anymore, but also as cowards.

Scorpius still was pissed that any part of his family would choose Selwyn. Regardless of if he could understand why they would.

"Salazar. Nice of you to join us." Argulus greets, all manners considering he was a psychopath. Daniel wasn't there, and Scorpius was relieved that all his family was at his side. No one was unaccounted for. Selwyn's eyes flicked to Michael's arm, carrying the matching scar. A certain level of mischief shone in his eyes at the realization.

It was unavoidable. Michael and Scorpius both wore tee shirts, and in the darkness they'd been to distracted to remember to hide this from the Zealots.

Scorpius walked to the sidewalk, keeping himself between the two men and the group behind him. "Come for me?" He taunted, sounding fearless despite the terror spiking his veins with adrenaline. His heart pounded so hard, Raven could definitely hear it from his side.

Selwyn looked at Narcissa. "I've come for her actually." Scorpius could feel his grandmother tense behind him. "I should've seen through your lies Narcissa." He tsked his tongue. "No matter. Either way, you carry secrets I can't possibly allow to roam about."

"You mean about how you killed Lucius Malfoy?" Scorpius wondered, grabbing the man's attention again. He used the power building up in him, the rain streaming down his face seemed to invigorate his next move. "Avada Kedavra!" Selwyn saw it coming, and merely stepped out of the way like it was weak.

"Predictable, Salazar." The sharp nosed man turns to Abraxas and gave him a nod, some sort of signal because the white haired elder took action. Narcissa met his magic with her own charm, faster than Scorpius ever thought she'd be able to manage in her age. That's his fault for underestimating people. Scorpius was going to strike at Selwyn, but the rain turned to hail suddenly. And his breath came out in a plume of vapor in front of him.

It was like a wave of depression came like a blanket across the street. Raven gave a startled gasp, and they watched in shock as dementors came in ragged black robes from the clouds. There was no way Selwyn could control dark creatures. But Voldemort could.