55 Scorn

And the days passed as quickly as Raven suggested they would. Busy with exams, the days fly by. Scorpius struggles to sleep, so he end up napping during the day and staying up at ungodly hours through the night. He smokes, studies. Reads. He focuses on anything but the emotional boy who sleeps in his dorms. The boy who Scorpius wondered if he could even stay mad at. Luckily when summer hits, Scorpius wouldn't be around Albus. Wouldn't have to stop himself from consoling him. From going up and hugging him.

Orion didn't sit with the twins- or even try to sit with them- for that last week. They returned to their system. And it was refreshing. So much that Scorpius was relaxed and did well with his exams. Despite everything, he ached for Albus. He wanted to forgive him the moment he'd seen him Monday morning. But Scorpius couldn't. He'd been hurt too much already. If he forgave him, how long would it be before something else happened?

He'd thought about it too much over the week, convincing himself that it was for the best. Or at least he was trying to convince himself of that. And behind every one of his carefree grins and confident struts- he was in pain.

And so was Albus, because while Scorpius put on a strong face, one of steel; Albus wore one of heartbreak. He sat with his siblings lifelessly. He asked Scorpius several times for a chance to talk. And Scorpius would shut him down, because it hurt too much to talk. And what could Albus possibly have to say? There wasn't any excuse.

Overall he was tired. Tired of school and the drama. Everything this year had been too much for him. This thing with Albus was the last straw.

Scorpius was actually relieved when he and Raven finally got back to the manor... even though it was full of purebloods who now knew who he was. Purebloods preparing for the biggest Malfoy party of the year. The summer solstice. "Cheer up." Raven tells Scorpius as they stood in the entryway of the manor, eyes watching as witches and wizards moved vases of large red and orange plants around.

"Ever wonder why the manor is always decorated with fall colors to celebrate the summer solstice?" Scorpius wonders. Raven looked at him, her arms crossed over her chest. At his question, her lips turn downwards in contemplation.

"Yellow, orange and red are the colors of the sun." She offers as the only explanation. Scorpius moved to the side as the twin's school trunks are brought in by other people. His eyes narrowed, and he snapped at the wizard carrying his trunk as it banged against the doorframe.

"Watch the corners! Do you know how old this Manor is? You aren't worth the amount of money it would take to replace a teacup in this place." The man bowed softly.

"My deepest Apologies, Sir Malfoy." And then he was off, following the task he was given by Draco. Scorpius looked at his sister, and his silent question was answered.

"He's from Mum's side of the family. A second cousin or something." Raven waved her hand in a way to dismiss the man from their thoughts. "Are you bringing anyone to the party?"

"I'm going to hide in my room the entire night." Scorpius's words had no enthusiasm.

"I already told you, you can't do that." Raven repeats for probably the fifth time this week.

"And I told you. I'm done attending parties that pretend we're superior over everyone else because of our family name and money. And since technically, our father isn't my father, he can't tell me what to do." Scorpius caught her gaze, and Raven set a hand on his arm as a warning.

"As far as the world is concerned, you are superior." She smiles, in that genuine, soft manner of hers. "Not because of who you were born. But because of who you've made yourself out to be." Raven drops her hand, and heads deeper into the manor. Greeting people as she goes. Missy brushes her pelt against Scorpius's pant leg.