18 Formal

Scorpius left the top unbuttoned of his white shirt, not liking how tight it felt around his neck when it was done up all the way. His hair was combed neater than usual. Term has officially ended. It was the day of the Winter Formal, Friday. After the dance everyone would go home to Christmas break and come back for the last term. After that, Scorpius would be sixth year. It seemed to have gone so quickly. This term went by in a flash, despite everything that had happened. Making a friend, learning about his father. Daniel disappearing.

His eyes looked at his reflection in the mirror. He finally decided it was good enough, and pulled on the black jacket. If Raven was here, and talking to him, she'd insist on a tie. Luckily, he could avoid that this time. Perhaps some space from her was helpful. As well as detrimental.

Neither Albus nor Scorpius had commented on that night where he had broke down. It was like it never happened. Not entirely, of course. They'd send one another small looks and nods in the classroom, like they were silently communicating. Nothing serious. It almost seemed like they were just making sure each other was still there. No one seemed to notice but Scorpius felt more relaxed with him now. He didn't scan his eyes in the Great Hall for Raven- he was now looking for Albus. It was a small thing, but it was there. The way Potter didn't press him for details on what was wrong, or why he was upset. Of course, he had been witness to everything that Scorpius had went through this far. Maybe he didn't need to ask to know.

"This feels too tight. Are you sure that it's meant to look like this?" Albus shifts uncomfortably, buttoning the shirt.

"It's like that on me too. It's a fitted shirt. It's meant to be like that. Which is why when we ordered it you had to measure your shoulders and waist, and such." Scorpius explains, turning around in his nice shoes to look at Albus. Potter's hair was in curls. Scorpius smiles but decided not to comment on it. He finished with the buttons, grabbing his tie that James gave to him. It looked nice, actually. It was rather last minute. James learned Albus was attending the dance and insisted he wear one of his ties. The color was a pale blue. It was very winter-themed. However, the color choice seemed to clash with Albus's warm toned skin and green eyes. A Slytherin tie would look better- but it wasn't exactly dance worthy.

"Even the tie looks horrible. And I have bags under my eyes. Where's Luke's makeup when you need it?" Albus huffs one annoyance, straightening the tie and laying his collar flat over it.

"Stop, you look fine." Scorpius walked over. "Luke will be jealous."

"Of you. Not of me." Potter shrugs, pulling on the jacket with a look of distaste from Scorpius. "He told me he already is jealous of you. Everyone crushes on you, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy." Albus explains. "Even more than Luke."

"Yeah, and why's that?" Scorpius wondered, entertaining this conversation though he had little interest in it. He looked at the jacket on Albus, thinking it would definitely look better off. It did nothing to flatter his torso like the white shirt underneath did.

"You're a bad boy. You flirt with danger and don't consort to social norms. But you're also smart, in a humble way. And to many people you're attractive." He explains. "Then again, everyone thinks you're naturally platinum. You'd be less interesting with brown hair, I'm sure." Albus jokes. Scorpius couldn't help but give a laugh.

"They all seem to forget I'm a dick." He muses, giving Missy a few pets as he waited for Albus to put on his shoes to go.

"They don't talk about you like that anymore. Not since you broke Daniel's nose for me." Albus finishes and puts his wand inside his jacket. Scorpius does that as well with his own. "Sure, they still call you names or gossip about why you and Raven aren't speaking. And you are still intimidating, but having me around makes you less so."