75 Raven

She watched as Teddy was lowered into the grave beside his parents. Albus stood beside her. He hadn't really left her side since Scorpius- since he went away. She knew why. She knew that Albus was the only person who felt anything close to what she was feeling right now. Like her entire life had gone onto autopilot. Raven wasn't annoyed with his presence, like she would be with anyone else. She didn't really have the energy to be annoyed with anyone. Even Rose Weasley, who was a sobbing mess over Teddy- as if Teddy was her brother or something.

Raven crossed her arms over her chest, glancing to where Dinah and Normani had joined. They weren't here for Teddy. They were here for Raven. Raven didn't want them here. She didn't even want Ashton here. And she could tell that Albus knew that because he tried to convince them all not to come.

Albus wasn't very convincing. They had to feel like they were supporting her. As her friends. As her boyfriend. But Raven didn't want them. She wanted Scorpius here. Like he always promised her he would be. But he lied.

He didn't die. But this was worse. If he had died, at least it was against his will. But this? This was his choice. And Raven loathed him for it. She hated that he just left it all behind like nothing. Raven looked at Andromeda and Narcissa, arms around one another. Andromeda hadn't even bothered to wear makeup, and it had been a good idea. Her cheeks were as damp as the ocean.

Raven's makeup was immaculate, as it usually was. She didn't shed a tear. What kind of person would cry over someone they knew for five minutes? Raven watched as people began to leave, probably to meet up at the wake afterwards. She wouldn't be going. Such gatherings are meant for those who will mourn Teddy. It was a shock that Raven even came to this funeral. She was half inclined to not attend Michael's, and he was her cousin. Maybe she did it for Albus. He told he they didn't have to go this morning, but she knew if he stayed because of her that he'd regret not going later.

She looked over at him, but Albus wasn't even paying attention to the funeral. He was too lost in thought.

"Hey, we should go." Orion softly suggests from Albus's other side, pulling him out of his own head. He realizes that the others were slowly leaving, and links his arm through Ravens.

"We're heading back too." Dinah speaks, gesturing to herself and Normani. Raven silently nodded, grateful that they'd be gone soon enough. They gave her half-hugs and then walked off through the cemetery, sending concerned looks back as they left.

"Are you going back to Dromeda's?" Ashton wonders. Raven didn't even meet his eyes. "Raven?"

"We're going to the House of Black." Albus spoke up instead. "It's in Orion's and- it's in Orion's name so that's where we'll mostly be staying." Sometimes it was hard for him to say Scorpius's name. Raven understood it all too well.

"I'll be switching from the House of Black to Andromeda's off and on." Orion explains, not that Ashton cared but he just nodded anyways. The Malfoy Manor was under repairs, so it would be awhile until Raven could return there. Though she and Albus returned to the Manor occasionally to make sure that the construction was still underway. Selwyn really did a number on the Manor, as well as the family who once lived there.

She would return there. The Manor had to have a Malfoy in residence, as it had been for centuries. And who better than Raven Malfoy. She'd inherit it all now, with Scorpius gone. Hell, even if he was around- she was the sole heiress. The only true child of Draco's.

Raven wasn't intimidated by it. She'd been the perfect Malfoy. The perfect sister, friend. Girlfriend. Everyone loved her and they all envied her. And they'd go on envying her, not being able to see how hard it had been to keep the strength. She was a Malfoy. But she didn't even know what that meant anymore.

Soldiers and Serpents //Scorbusजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें