25 Desperation ⚠️

Reminder that chapters with the "⚠️" contain sensitive and possibly triggering content. Stay safe
—-
Scorpius walks down the hallway, bouncing up and down on his heels. After the morning with Raven, he decided to try and talk with his father. They still had air to clear between them and there was a lot Scorpius decided he was going to share. Draco might know something about Amycus Carrow being out, or Aries. The only way to know was to ask.

He knocked on the door to Draco's home office, and heard the latch unlock. He took that as a queue to come in. Draco was sitting at his desk, wand out to the right side of him. Paperwork in front of him. He looked tired, like he'd rather be asleep in his room than here. Sifting through files. Scorpius has no idea what he could possibly be busy with; he had this week off work due to a death in the family. "Ah Scorpius. What is it?" He asked. Scorpius sat on the other side of his desk in the chair.

"I wanted to let you know about Amycus Carrow." Scorpius began. "And everything else... I guess." He explains. Draco set his papers down, folding his hands together and nodded for him to continue. So he did. Scorpius told him nearly everything that he told Raven. He didn't mention the speculation about Amycus killing Lucius. It didn't seem like he needed too because Draco's thoughtful expression gave the impression he was considering it anyways.

"Well, Amycus wouldn't hurt the Malfoy's. He knows who you are, and about the arrangement. In fact, many deatheaters do. Just most of them are imprisoned so I'd have thought they wouldn't be a threat." Draco finally speaks. "He was rather idealistic back in the days, but now I'd imagine he would be more down to earth. More than Selwyn, at least. Selwyn still believes in the idea of making magic bloodlines pure, and sees Daniel as an opportunity to accomplish that."

"If Selwyn believes that, why doesn't he just try to do it himself?" Scorpius crosses his arms over his chest. Draco shrugged.

"He would, probably. Though he knows no one would follow him. The heir of Slytherin though? They'd follow the heir of slytherin. Anyone would. Not just purebloods with a deep sense of distaste towards muggleborns. Throw a rock in Diagon Alley and it will hit a witch or wizard who despises the fact Hermione Granger- a muggleborn- is the minister of magic." He explains. "Even those who aren't prejudiced at all believe someone like her shouldn't have that kind of authority. She came from a muggle world. There are things she'll never understand about ours." Draco didn't sound like he hated Hermione, or agreed with those witches and wizards who thought those things. Rather, he seemed crestfallen that the Wizarding community would feel this way about her. Like he spoke the truth, even if he hated that it was the truth. Scorpius nodded, finding his candor refreshing compared to Draco's normal emotional rants.

"So Selwyn- and possibly Amycus Carrow- are looking to use Daniel and I for their own prejudiced agenda?" Scorpius frowned. "Daniel has no idea."

"Daniel has made his choice. And I don't see Amycus agreeing with Selwyn. But if his daughter does..." Draco trails off. "I suppose it's a possibility. Aries sounds like a loose cannon."

"That's what Albus says."

"He's smart. He's coming over today right?"

"Yes. It's Friday so he's probably going to bring homework or whatever." Scorpius bites his bottom lip, thinking about Selwyn and the Carrows. "Do you think that something big will happen?" He asks, and Draco looked confused. "Like Daniel actually becoming bad. What would they do? Take over the ministry? What can they do?"

"I don't know if Daniel is strong enough to lead something like that. Right now, it just feels like Selwyn is dreaming about it to happen. You know Daniel better than I do."

"I hardly know him at all." Scorpius trailed off. "Honestly a few months ago I wouldn't have thought Daniel could lead ducklings, let alone a rebellion." Draco nods at his words.