41 Empty

Scorpius and Albus sat beside Christine on one side. They faced Raven and her girls. Ashton and Aries hadn't arrived yet and Albus mentioned Rose was going to sit with James and their group until she could get her grades back up. That was fine with the blonde, he personally thought the circle was getting a little too large for comfort. Scorpius didn't even like socializing and people- and now he does it all the time. It was a bit exhausting. Her preferred groups much smaller, one or two others at a time.

He couldn't find an appetite, knowing he'd probably be up late and sulk down to the kitchens in the dead of night. "The day someone assumes I'm all bark and no bite will be the day I bash their head in with a broom." Dinah's I-don't-give-a-fuck words had Raven grinning. Scorpius felt like she was too loud for him- too obnoxious. Albus seemed to be finding her humorous. Christine just scowled at the girl like she was hoping she'd catch fire.

"And you told her that?" Raven asks, completely invested in the story. Dinah slightly hits the table with an open palm and points beside her to the blonde.

"Fuck yeah I told her that."

Scorpius had no idea what they were talking about, and was probably annoyed enough to leave. The thing keeping him sitting there was Albus's leg randomly draped over his thigh under the table. It wasn't sensual, just a casual touch. It was enough of a reason to put up with the Sparrows. It was innocent and just a soft reminder. A reminder Albus was there, nothing bad was happening. The brunette probably didn't even realize that touch grounded Scorpius. He just did it because he could.

Honestly it was just Dinah that was loud. Her hair up in a messy bun. She'd already changed out of her uniform and into her signature red hoodie. Normani was quiet, just eating and listening to the story. And as usual, her hair was done in some extravagant manner, clothes pre-arranged. She didn't seem to want to be there any more than Scorpius did. He didn't blame her. And more often then not the girl checked her phone, as though wondering when an appropriate time would be to leave and not be rude.

"These girls have three brain cells between them and I think Normani has all of them." Christine says softly from Albus's other side. Low enough so that only they could hear it and the girls couldn't. He gives a tight-lipped grin. In this exact moment- he'd have to agree. Albus just rolled his eyes, not exactly agreeing but not correcting her either.

Scorpius sipped his coffee as Albus busied his hands eating. "Not hungry?" The Potter asks, mostly to make conversation instead of anything else.

"I'll eat later." Scorpius's eyes were more blue than grey in this lighting, and he flicked them around towards the entrance of the Great Hall. At the end of the tables he could see Daniel and Aries. Over the clatter of the students he couldn't hear what they were saying but their body language said enough.

Daniel was clenching his wand at his side with white knuckles. A sneer on his face. And Aries had a perfectly blank expression other than the judgmental perch of her eyebrows.

He watched them, could see Daniel's lips moving but had no idea what was being said. He was upset. And Aries looked annoyed. Angered, even. And Daniel must've said something quite harsh because Aries's face contorts into scorn when she replies. Her reply was short; whatever it was. Scorpius felt anxiety turn over his stomach as Daniel grabbed her chin with viciousness.

Despite the grip, Aries looked at him with all the defiance in the world. After a moment, she pushed him away, and tilted her head up and down as she spoke. It was some kind of comeback, Scorpius was sure. Something harsh. Cruel.

She started walking away, and Daniel grabbed her arm to stop her. Aries yanked out of his grip and spun, holding her wand to his throat. The boy took a step back, and then another. Finally leaving the Great Hall altogether. His dark eyes taking one glance towards where Scorpius sat. Aries stood there, watching him go until he wasn't in sight.