Conversations

The week in San Francisco with Harry was amazing. My parents really liked him, and he developed a relationship with them along with Mack, Claire and Pau Pau. By the end of the week, I was really sad to leave. I missed being with my family a lot, but I know that I have to get back to real life down in LA. I was pretty excited to see Jenna though. This was the longest stretches I had been out of work for a while. Before I left, my parents had told me how proud they were that I got myself this opportunity and that they know I'm going to do great things in the industry. I felt so great knowing that they were excited and proud of me because although they were supportive, they didn't vocalize it often.

*****

"How was San Francisco?" Jenna asks as I pass her her cold brew. It's Monday and the day before my shoot with 5SOS. I think I'm putting a lot pressure on myself to do well for this shoot because it's my first shot at making an impression in the industry. 

"It was so great," I say, setting everything on my desk and sitting in my chair. "Harry and my family get along really well." I take a sip of my cold brew.

"That's so great, how is everyone doing?" Jenna asks. She's met my family a few times, most recently at my graduation.

"Everyone is good, Mack is a Junior, so she's kind of in the thick of things right now. My parents are the same old and Pau Pau is doing good." Jenna nods and hands me a list of things she needs done. "How was your holiday?" I ask, scanning through the task that I need to do. 

"It was good," she says. "Julien cooked and his family came over for dinner." Julien had a really big family with lots of siblings. His mom and dad got divorced when he was younger, and his mom remarried a man with three kids. Along with Julien and his siblings, there were six kids total, most of them had kids of their own.

"How many people where at your house then?" I ask curiously. 

"Twenty two," Jenna says with a sigh. "I must say, I'm throughly exhausted, but it was nice that everyone could make it." I start updating the calendar with events that Jenna had written down. "Oh! how are you feeling about tomorrow?" Jenna asks, remembering that I had the photoshoot tomorrow. 

"Honestly, I'm so nervous. I don't even know what to do. I have all of my equipment and everything, so I'm prepared. I just think I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself to do something great," I say with a sigh. Jenna nods.

"That's normal, I mean it's your first major shoot. I know you can do it though, you're one of the most talented photographers I know. Just trust in your skills and your vision for the shoot and everything will work out," Jenna says, giving me a hug. Her words do make me feel better because I have taken photos for Jenna before. Doing photos of her kids was really nice. 

"Thanks Jenna," I say.

*****

The work day flew by pretty quickly. Mostly because I had a lot to do for the time I had taken off and my mind being occupied with stress and thoughts about tomorrow. I drove home quickly to try and make sure everything was prepped for tomorrow. I had told the guys that I wanted them to dress themselves for the shoot, so at least I didn't have to worry about that. They had all said that Youngblood was a reflection of them currently, so I feel like the photos should be more raw and real.

I look through my bag, making sure I have all of the equipment I need. I bought three disposable cameras to use and I also am bringing my normal camera as well. My phone begins to ring. I look at the screen.