Met

May 2019

"Harry?" I say, walking into his bedroom fresh out of the shower. Today was the day of the Met Gala. Harry had asked me to go with him and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Getting to see a red carpet in person was just crazy to me. Harry was still laying where I had left him. Tangled in the sheets and scrolling on his phone. He looks up at me. "What time do we need to get there again? Sorry I forgot."

"12," he says. We were going to the final fitting before tonight. The designer was nice enough to make me a dress to match Harry when he found out that I was going. I was really excited because I hadn't seen the finished dress yet. Only sketches. "You excited, love?" Harry asks grinning. I wrap my towel a little bit tighter around myself and sit on his side of the bed.

"I'm so excited, this is gonna be so cool," I gush. "Also, Claire's moving in a few weeks and I can't wait." Harry smiles at my excitement.

"I know love," he says. "Are you guys gonna go with the cute one near my Beachwood?" I nod.

"Yeah, we've both settled on that one, and I'm moving all my stuff in before she gets here. That way I can just help her with unpacking and it won't be so hectic," Harry nods.

"I can help you move if you want," he says.

"I'd love that," I say with a smile before getting up to get dressed.

*****

The black fabric slides down my body and I look at myself in the mirror, feeling unworthy to even be wearing it. The sleeves were sheer and puffed up slightly. There was a deep 'v' for the neckline and it cinches at the waist before puffing out to the sides slightly.

"Beautiful," Alessandro says, fanning out parts of my skirt

"Beautiful," Alessandro says, fanning out parts of my skirt. The dress was beautiful and classy.

"This is beautiful," I say. "Thank you, Alessandro." The man nods and we hug. He goes to the next room to tend to Harry. Harry and I don't know what the other person is wearing, choosing to keep things a secret until it's time to leave for the met. A girl comes in and hands me shoes and jewelry before instructing me to wait here until someone comes to get me. The shoes were black stilettos, the heel was less than a quarter of an inch and I raise my eyebrows in surprise, but slip them on along with the jewelry. I take the pearls that Harry had given me out for Christmas. Alessandro had loved them when I showed them to him and insisted that I wear the set tonight. 

I look at myself in the full length mirror. My brown eyes are accentuated with a small wing of eyeliner and my lips are a bright shade of red. My hair was pulled into a tight low bun. Everything about the outfit was sleek and classy. I was glad for this because I didn't want to take away from Harry. 

There's a knock at my door and I open it to see one of the assistants. "They're ready for you," she says with a sweet smile. I follow her into the main room with the mirror on it. Harry is standing there and a guy was filming him looking at himself. I walk up behind him and see the guy zooming in on his face as he sees me. A smile breaks through his serious face and his eyes get brighter. He turns around to stare at me for a few seconds. My heels continue to click on the tile floors and he takes a step towards me and gives me a hug.

"You look beautiful," he whispers in my ear. 

"So do you," I whisper back. I take a step back and take in his outfit. He had on a black jumpsuit with sheer fabric at the top and a ruffle collar. He also had on shinny leather boots and an earring? "It this real?" I ask, reaching up to touch the pearl dangling from his earlobe. 

"Yeah," he smirks. "Do I look badass or what?" I laugh at him.

"Or what," I say booping him on the nose. "You looking dashing." I smile up at him.

"And you look as beautiful as ever darling," Harry says, twirling me around. 

"Awww," Alessandro says. The camera man was still filming us. Probably for a behind the scenes video or something. It was easy to forget everything else going on when I was with Harry. He kisses  my lips softly, we pull away and his lips are red for my lipstick. I smile and try to blot it away.

"No leave it," Harry says, shooing my hand away with one of his ring clad hands. 

"Really?" I ask.

"It'll be the trademark that you're with me," he says, smirking. I smirk back and shrug. 

"I guess," I say and peck him one last time for luck. He smiles at me and we're rushed away to the car. 

*****

The lights and cameras flashing are blinding, but Harry's grip on my hand never loosens. We make it all the way to the carpet and he walks. I stand behind and wait with the others in the party. Harry's confidence never wavers as he walks, posing for photos and stopping for interviewers. It was nice to see him do his thing. Harry motions towards me and we take a few photos together. Even though I'm a photographer, I have no idea how to pose myself and I end up hoping that i just don't look awkward. 

"Guess what," Harry whispers in my ear.

"What?" I ask softly back to him.

"I'm not wearing any underwear," he says, cameras still flashing around us. I burst out laughing. Forgetting about everything around us. Harry grins at me and I let out a few more giggles before stopping. "Only joking," he says. "Just wanted you to laugh." And with that, we make our way to the next station.