Halloween

A few weeks had gone by, and Harry had continued to come to his weekly appointments. We'd go to lunch every Thursday, but there was rarely a day when I didn't see him. I get so scared he'd get tired of me sometimes, but somehow, we always have something to do or talk about and in the little spaces that we don't, his presence is enough to fill the emptiness.

*****

"El?" a voice calls through my apartment. I smile, pulling a few strands from my high bun to frame my face.

"In the bathroom." I call back. I hear him sit down on the couch. I quickly look at myself one last time, smoothing out my short green dress. I felt a little strange because the costume was cute and all, but I hadn't worn anything close to this for Halloween. I do one last spin in the mirror, admiring how the shimmery green fabric shone in the bathroom light. I still kept my makeup simple, but tonight I put some extra highlighter on to give a little more dazzle to my face. Pulling on my wings quickly, I double check everything one last time before stepping out of the bathroom.

 Pulling on my wings quickly, I double check everything one last time before stepping out of the bathroom

Harry was looking at his phone and didn't notice the door opening. His brows were scrunched and he seemed focused about something on the small screen. I frown for a second before shrugging and slipping on my white vans. I didn't really care about heels tonight because I'd rather just have a good time at this party instead of playing hide and seek with my heels later on in the night. I take a breath as I study Harry's costume. He wouldn't tell me what he was going to be, saying that he wanted it to be a surprise, so I kept my costume from him too. I think that's why I was expecting him to notice me come out of the bathroom, but I know that he has somethings going on with work as well. I decided to brush it off. I walk over quietly and put a hand on his arm. He looks up and takes my hand, pulling me into his lap and kissing my neck.

"You look beautiful," he whispered into my ear. His eyes scan me quickly before resting on my eyes again.

"So do you," I whisper back and he chuckles. Harry had on an Elton John costume, the sparkly Dodger's uniform, and he looks so hot to be quite honestly. The costume was so exact it was really impressive. I knew Harry had probably put a lot of effort into his costume, and I suddenly felt a bit self conscious about my Tinker Bell costume. I realized that the party we were going to in Beverly Hills would probably be full of costumes like Harry's. I knew that there would be a lot of people there that were well known or famous, but it hadn't really hit me until now. My costume wasn't the most fancy or creative. If I was being honest, it looked like something I would've worn in college. I fidget with the hem of my skirt absentmindedly, mulling over the conflicting thoughts in my mind. I hadn't really met many of Harry's friends. I'd only met Mitch and Sarah so far, and they were super down to Earth people. I loved having dinner with them the night we met, and we had made plans with them for next week. I was so nervous to meet the more famous people in Harry's life because I didn't really know how to act.

"El?" Harry asks. I snap out of my thoughts and turn to face him. His eyebrows knit together slightly as he scanned my face trying to make sure nothing was wrong.