•Week Three•

(I'm not gonna edit spelling mistakes because I'm LAZY)

After another half hour, I decided I had had enough. George deserves to rot in hell for putting Jack through that. Before, I was in utter despair, but now? Well, now I'm fucking pissed.

George sat down again on the metal chair he scooted next to me.
And using my smartass brain I devised a perfect plan to get revenge on him.

The plan was: Use leg to kick chair, chair falls with George on it and he goes splash into water.

Simple, yet effective.

I needed a distraction first, though.

"Hey, Jack!" I called.

Jack weakly brought his head up to look at me. He looked so tired of everything and a twinge of sympathy made its way through me.

"Trust me," I said, giving him the brightest smile I could manage.

He looked confused, but I didn't bother explaining. And without further warning, I kicked the leg of the chair George was sitting on.

George stumbled back, falling backwards into the water with the metal chair.

"PULL THE LEVER, JACK!" I yelled, a little too loudly.

Jack looked panicked and his gazed darted around hurriedly before landing on a metal lever.

I prayed he at least had a little bit of strength left. Just enough to pull it.

Jack lifted his arm up, reaching for the lever. The needle from the syringe poked into him but he still continued to reach for it.

I watched his face contort into some kind of mixture of pain, and the farther he reached, the more the needle stabbed into him.

My attention turned back to the water where George was currently trying to get out of. We didn't have much time. Jack had to pull the lever now or we'd be in so much trouble.

Jack looked back at me, and he must've saw something in my eyes because in that moment, he ignored everything.

He ignored the needle going deeper into his veins as he finally reached the lever.

He ignored my cries, telling him to stop and get away from the needle.

It was too late, though. The poison had entered his body, and this time, it would be fatal.

Jack screamed but still pulled the lever down as hard as he could. And immediately bright carnival lights flickered on in the tunnel, and the boats began to move in a neat line down the river.

George noticed the boats coming and began to swim away, but appeared to be caught in the thing that connects the boat to the floor so the ride doesn't get all jumbled up.

I winced as George screamed, falling back into the water. His cries became gurgled as he struggled to keep his head afloat.

I looked away right as the boat overcame George, and when I couldn't hear his wails anymore I looked back to the black water that now looked darker. I watched the blood mix into the river, sloshing onto the wooden boards.

I'd be lying to myself if I said I didn't enjoy that.

My thoughts were interrupted by Jack gasping for air. My attention snapped to him and I watched as he clawed at himself, created deep scratches in his neck.

"Jack!" I yelled at him, trying to get his attention. "Jack, please stop! Stop hurting yourself like this."

Jack only screamed in response, slashing at his arms and face. I could see his eyes begin to soften and he looked right at me, and I knew he was doing all he could to stop himself. But it wasn't enough.

I had to do something, and I needed to act quickly.

I pulled at my chains for the billionth time, but to no avail.
I then screamed for help but after a few minutes I figured no one could hear me because of the bustle of the circus.

I looked back at Jack, my entire body ached and the smell of iron made me gag.

"Okay, ignore everything. Ignore the pain, please? I know it hurts. God, I know it hurts, Jack. But I'm here. If you just trust me, I can take all the pain away," I said, and my voice cracked on the last sentence, making me hate myself.

Jack paused and for a minute, I thought my hopeful lie worked. The ride was filled with eerie silence as Jack's tear-filled eyes focused completely on me.

My heart rose in my chest as Jack took a deep breath, relief washing over his features.

But to my horror, that was the last breath Jack took.

I harshly pulled at my chains until my wrists began to bleed, desperately trying to break free from my confinements.

I screamed at Jack, staring in agony as he fell back against the wall, his eyes fluttering closed.

I didn't know what I was doing anymore. I was an idiot, oh God, how could I not even protect my little brother? My fault, my fault, my fault, my fault-

I squeezed my eyes shut, tears staining my face. I couldn't look at Jack's lifeless body anymore.

I should've kept him away. Why the fuck did he have to come in and try and save me? I hate him. I hate myself. I should've died, God above why didn't I die?

I was now freely sobbing, still screaming at Jack's body. Screaming at him about how stupid he was. How I hated him. How all I wanted was for him to respond to my anger.

It was no use, though. No matter how long I cried out, he didn't move. His chest didn't rise and fall, and his eyes didn't open.

The needle was still partially imbedded in his arm, but no matter how hard I pulled and strained, I couldn't get to him to take it away. I couldn't curl up close to him. But I wished I could, I wished I could hold him tightly again before the warmth left his body.

"Don't leave me....." I muttered to him, and my heart shattered into a million pieces when he didn't respond.
His death registered in my mind, and now it was stabbing into my heart.