•Week Two• (6)

(It's still Jack's POV c: )

I walked into the dark tunnel, fearing the worst. I didn't know who the scary man was, but he didn't look friendly and Adam looked worried--so that wasn't a good sign.

The ride looked like it was closed because it was completely deserted, dark, and none of the animatronics were on. There was yellow caution tape streamed across the opening, but I ignored it and stumbled through the knee-deep water.

I would've taken one of the boats, but they weren't working.
I sighed and continued to wade through the water that looked almost completely black.

I couldn't see where I was going, so I pulled out my phone and turned on the flashlight. I turned my gaze and the flashlight around the tunnel, trying to find any clues as to where the man took Adam.

Water sloshed around me as I walked deeper and deeper into the darkness. There was nothing out of the ordinary, well I guess, I didn't exactly know what was ordinary for this ride so I couldn't tell.

The tunnel abruptly turned, and the ground stooped down a little which created a small waterfall so the people riding the boats could enjoy the ride more. It didn't make me enjoy the ride more, though, and the lower leveling caught me off guard, making me slip and fall back into the black water.

I splashed around, panicking as I tried to remember how to swim. But whenever I tried to bring my head up for air, more water pushed down on me and I was swept down the waterfall and into a fast-paced current.

My body twisted around and I tried to stay afloat. But I couldn't.
I was beginning to get exhausted from flailing around and I didn't know what to do.

"What is that? Shine I light over there, Cass!"

I heard someone say over the sound of the rushing water.

A light shone on the spot where I was currently trying to swim, but I couldn't quite do that so it probably looked like a bunch of pathetic splashes.

"What the hell is that? It looks like there's something in the water." This time a woman spoke, but I couldn't hear the rest of what she said since I was losing consciousness.

"Eh, whatever. It's probably a rat."

"You're right. We should focus on what to do with our friend, Adam."

I splashed more when the girl said that, I almost forgot why I was there.

I tried desperately to think of an idea, and while I was actually using my brain, I remembered that the water was only knee-deep for me. 

I abruptly stood up, spitting out the water that got in my mouth. Water dribbled down my face and I wiped my hair out of my face.
The reason why I was having such a hard time swimming was because the water wasn't deep enough to swim.
I felt stupid, but that couldn't be helped at the moment.

"It's a guy!"

I looked to my side where a small cave inside the tunnel was. A woman and the large man I saw before stood on floating wooden planks, staring wide-eyed at me.

Adam was behind them, his hands chained to a metal wall. He looked confused when he saw me and I gave him a reassuring smile. He didn't look very reassured, though. I didn't really blame him.

"Who are ya?" Said the big man, crossing his heavily muscled arms.

I paused, sputtering out more water from my mouth. "I'm- I'm Evan."

The girl looked me up and down with disgust. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just having a lovely swim," I said, wading over to them. I climbed onto the wooden plank, water dripping from my whole body.