•Week Two• (5)

HEY GUYS, GUESS WHAAAAAAATTTT IT'S A POINT OF VIEW CHANGE! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I KNOW Y'ALL LOVE THAT XD

But anyway,

JACK'S POV:

Also, I'm way too lazy to fix spelling mistakes :p
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wandered aimlessly around the assortment of trailers and churro stands, hoping I would find Adam or Ryan.

I should've never agreed to splitting up, because, well. There's a lot of clowns here....

And frankly I'm scared of clowns.

I didn't want to be alone anymore, and honestly, I never wanted to split up. I just thought it would make Ryan feel better 'cause then maybe we'd find Annie faster. But I can barely go two steps without running into a big, scary clown.

I sighed and bought myself another cotton candy. Maybe I could hide behind it whenever I saw one of those creepy clown dudes. I nodded to myself, deciding that was the best thing to do.

I paid the girl behind the counter, and she handed me a big stick of pink cotton candy.
"Have a nice day, sir!" She said.

I smiled politely. "Thanks."

I started to walk away, but something stopped me. I decided to turn back to her. "Um, actually, can I ask you something?"

She looked a little surprised but nodded. "Sure."

"Do you know anyone by the name of Annie here?" I asked, taking a tiny bite of my cotton candy. (I didn't want to eat all of it when I needed it to avoid clowns)

She leaned onto the counter, cupping her chin in her hand. After a few minutes she stood up straight, pushing back a few strands of her blonde hair. "Uh, I think so. She's a trapeze artist, so she should be in her trailer getting ready for her performance."

"Oh, thank you! That's very helpful!"

She smiled sweetly. "No problem, sir!"

I began to walk away in the direction of the trailers, hoping I could find Annie quickly.

I heard the cotton candy girl call after me, asking why I wanted Annie, but I didn't answer. That was probably very sketchy, but I didn't care. I needed to try and save Annie.

I wandered through the maze of trailers, hiding behind my candy every time I saw someone. I didn't want to deal with people telling me to go away, I needed to stick to what I was doing.

Of course, I ran into someone anyway. It was a little boy carrying an elephant stuffed animal. He smiled brightly at me and waved. "Heya, mister!" He said, running up to me. "I'm John and this is Peanut!" He introduced me to his stuffed animal.

"Oh, well, um.... I'm Evan," I said, nervously.

The boy giggled a little. "What are you doing back here, Evan?"

I tried to smile, but it didn't quite reach my eyes. I didn't want to tell this little kid what was going on, I don't want to put that on him at such a young age. So I lied. "Uh, actually, I got lost.....?"

John grabbed my hand and started to lead me away from the trailers. "Oh, silly! You're wandering around backstage! You should get back to all the fun!"

He brought me to the opposite side of the circus tent and led me over to where a ferris wheel and a few rides were.

He let go of my hand. "Enjoy your stay, mister! And don't get lost again. You don't want to be out past nightfall," John said, and I wanted to ask what he meant by that, but he was gone. He must've disappeared in the crowd.

I sighed a little. How was I supposed to sneak back to the trailers while that kid was there? John would obviously suspect something if he found me wandering around there again, especially after I had lied to him.

I nibbled on my cotton candy and thought for a little bit. Maybe I could wait for Annie to come out of her trailer instead of going to her? If I could figure out which way she came to the tent, I could meet her there halfway. But there's at least an hour or so time frame, which would be enough time for the killer to get to Annie before me.

I slowly sat down under a shady tree, turning things over in my head.

After a few minutes, I decided I'd go back to the trailers and try to find her. I couldn't be bothered by whether or not a little kid would rat me out to Willis for suspicious behavior, Annie's safety is more important. I started to make my way back behind the tent, pushing past people who were going the opposite way towards the rides.

But someone caught my eye.
I quickly turned and caught a glimpse of Adam. I abruptly stopped and ended up colliding with someone, I fell to the ground, my cotton candy dropping to my side where it was soon swept away by the crowd.

I quietly gasped for air, but my lungs only picked up dirt and smoke. I coughed a little and stumbled to my feet. Unluckily, I had fallen on a group of rocks, so my arms were all scratched up, which hurt a lot. But I pushed out of the crowd anyway, trying to get to the place where I saw Adam.

Once I had gotten away from all the people, I caught a glimpse of Adam being pushed into a dark tunnel by a large man. My fight or flight mode was activated just by looking at the big brute.

The tunnel they went into was called "Funny's Entertainment World!" And it had a big painted clown on it.

It looked like a love tunnel, but was actually one of the "Fun houses" that were crawling with clowns.

I had lost my cotton candy, so I had nothing to hide behind if I went in there. I'd be all alone, with a billion scary clowns in a river of darkness.

I gave a worried glance back at the crowd of people before walking into the tunnel after Adam. I'd face my fears any day just to make sure he's safe.