•Week Five• (5)

(uh oh)

Doctor Rolio came back with two more packets of blood and three packets of water. He took out the empty bag from the machine and hooked up one of the packets of water, and slowly, the water went down the tube to where it connect to Jack. It washed the inside of the tube before entering into Jack's arm, preparing him for the blood.
I watched as the water flowed into his limp body, a queasy feeling settling in my stomach. He was still asleep and seemed to be dreaming peacefully.

I smiled gently, he was so exhausted and honestly, I was, too. I think we all were and I couldn't wait to go back home. Everything would be all right, and we could stay together and forget all about this.

But.....

I paused, shuddering. I couldn't stop thinking about the knife and how I loved it. How I needed it. How it sent jolts of excitement through my body whenever I held it.
I was addicted, and no matter how hard I tried to forget about the thrill of murdering, I couldn't. And as long as I couldn't get rid of my addiction, things couldn't go back to normal. I didn't want to argue with myself anymore, but this was a problem I'd have to face eventually. Not now. I didn't want to dive deep into the part of my mind that wanted to rip people's limbs and guts apart, that was too painful for me.

Why was I like this? What happened to me?

I'm not a bloodthirsty killer......

Am I?

I flexed my hand, moving my fingers one by one, almost in anticipation. Sometime soon (it had to be soon), I'll give into the temptation. Then, maybe the voices will stop. Maybe my mind wouldn't scream at me to shed someone's blood, if I just got it over with and murdered someone--anyone--I would be normal again and my addiction will stop.

I nodded to myself. That's what I'd do, just one little crime wouldn't hurt.

Of course, that's not how ending addictions worked....

Oh well.

~~

After more than six hours of waiting in the hospital room, the Doctor had finished stitching up Jack's wounds and color began to grow in his face and hands. It looked painful, well, MORE than painful, so Ryan and I both held Jack's hand during the procedure. Which I hoped made things a little bit easier for him.

"There we go," Rolio said, setting the needle down. "Hopefully those painkillers made things a little more bearable." He chuckled.

Jack blinked, trying to bring his mind back from wherever he had gone for the past six hours. "Can I have a lollipop?"

Rolio opened his mouth to reply, but paused, a confused look gracing his features. "I'm sorry, but er- This is an adult medical room. We don't give patients lollipops here.".

Jack fell back into his pillows. "This is BULLSHIT!"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't whine about it," I said in a somewhat-joking-tone.

"Why not? I have every reason to be upset! I don't get a loLLIPOP, ADAM! I DON'T GET A LOLLIPOP! AND I WAS BEING GOOD, TOO! WHAT THE FUCK?!"

"Oookay....." Ryan interrupted. "Maybe we should just go."

Doctor Rolio nodded and unhooked the tube from Jack's arm, wheeling the machinery away into a corner. He then had Jack hold onto him as he slowly helped him up, trying to make sure Jack wasn't still dizzy.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked, getting up to help Rolio steady him.

Jack smiled cheekily. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?"