12. The Yule Ball

Hello everyone! Before we start, I just want to say that I will be changing the name of your Ravenclaw friend from Christine Rowan to Astrid Hale. Christine will be used in my next fanfic (a George Weasley fanfic which is already in the works). Also, thank you for 500+ reads!! It's insane!

Grab a snack, dress fancy and let's go to the Yule Ball, shall we?

At last, the day of the Yule Ball has arrived! Boys who didn't have dates yet were looking everywhere for a possible date, girls who had dates were feeling ecstatic and nervous and you...you just wished you were going with your best friend and childhood crush, Fred Weasley. Yet, he asked Angelina to the ball. You didn't hate Angelina at all —she even tried to persuade you to go with Fred but you didn't want to ruin her night. She knew how much you fancied him but yet, that didn't really help you as much.

At least you were going with someone who was close to you, family wise—the chosen one, Harry James Potter, but you also had to meet "that secret admirer" of yours  at the Astronomy Tower at 7.30pm, just half an hour away 'till the Yule Ball starts.

You decided to just chill until it was time to get ready for the Yule Ball. You had helped Hermione calm her nerves a little bit, but that girl's nervousness was sky-high.

"Mione, everything's going to be alright. You have to trust the process—"

"What if he doesn't like the dress? Or what if he ditches me for someone else?" Hermione was pacing back and forth, looking from the mirror to the dress that was hanged beside the window.

"He asked you because he fancies you! Can't you see? Is it really that hard to understand that after Ron said that about you?" You stood up "Everything will be fine and you're going to have the time of your life!"

She smiled, pulling you into a firm hug, thanking you. You sat with her all day, talking and laughing about the smallest things, until the time you had to get ready for the Yule Ball. You took care of Hermione, curling her hair whilst she was doing her make-up.

Sirius had sent you a small silver necklace with a purple amethyst pendant, on a little card he wrote that it was what he had gave to your mother on her birthday before she had you. You decided to wear it as it complement your (f/c) dress/suit perfectly.

7:25pm. You took one last glance at the mirror and made your way quickly to the Astronomy Tower. You didn't want to be late for Harry but you also didn't want Fred to see you and realize what he had missed. Walking down the slightly litten and  empty corridors, you felt anxious. What if all this was a prank? What if it was someone who wanted to harm you? What if it is someone you disliked like Adrian Pucey? With all those thoughts drowning you, you reached the door to the Astronomy Tower. You took a deep breath and turned the handle to enter.

You were greeted by a few small candle lights floating just like they do normally in the Great Hall. A figure was standing at the end of them, a figure you knew too well. Fred Weasley standing there, with his dress robe tight in all the right places, his hair combed and taken care of, holding a single (f/f) in his hand. He looked dashing, you can't really remember the last time he dressed up like that. It suited him. He was always handsome, whetever he was wearing. From small tight fitted shirts that barely fit him to oversized pieces of clothing to make himself look ridiculous. You locked eyes, not wanting to break eye contact, until you decided to speak.