3. The Dursley's

You both finally reached the kitchen. You sat at your usual place between the twins. Usually, Charlie would sit on the very end of the table but this time he decided to sit across you, sending you an "I'll-get-my-revenge-sooner-or-later" look, making you release a breath you didn't know you were holding. Instead of not doing anything, you sent a quick wink to Charlie and a small grin before applying some butter to your toast. Out of pure curiosity, you glanced at the twins, who were whispering about the product they wanted to test on Harry's cousin.

"You have to be very careful, y'know. It will be hard not to be yelled at by Molly or Arthur afterward," you whispered and smiled at the twins.

"Don't worry, dear (Y/n). We've got it all covered," George came closer to whisper so Arthur or Molly wouldn't hear him.

"Unless you want to sabotage us," Fred came closer to whisper as well.

"Now, guys, why would I want to do that?" You smiled and looked both twins in the eyes. They both gave you that devilish smirk they always did when they were planning to prank somebody.

After half an hour or so, you all finished eating, and as always, you and Ginny were the ones to help Molly with cleaning the dishes and making the table. The boys didn't help at all, except for Bill who sometimes lent a hand. Around five o' clock, you and the boys were getting ready to leave to get Harry from the Dursleys.

"Alright, is everyone ready? Ron? (Y/n)? The twins?" Mr. Weasley asked, and everyone nodded. "We'll be using the Floo network. I'll go first, then George, Fred, (Y/n), and last but not least, Ron. You have to say the address loud and clear, you understand?"

"Yes," everyone said, and that's when Mr. Weasley said the address, and everyone repeated it afterward. Suddenly, everything went dark.

"Ouch! George, no - go back, go back, there's been some kind of mistake - tell Fred not to - OUCH! Fred, no, there's no room, go back quickly and tell (Y/n)-"

"What is going on? Why's everything dark?" You asked the person in front of you.

"Does it look like we know?" Fred asked sarcastically; he was the one in front of you. You rolled your eyes at the boy. "Maybe Harry can hear us, Dad- maybe he'll be able to let us out-"

There was a loud hammering of fists on the boards behind the electric fire. "Harry? Harry, can you hear us?"

The Dursleys rounded on Harry like a pair of angry wolverines. "What is this?" growled Uncle Vernon. "What's going on?"

"They- they've tried to get here by Floo powder," said Harry, fighting a mad desire to laugh. "They can travel by fire, only you've blocked the fireplace, hang on-"

He approached the fireplace and called through the boards. "Mr. Weasley? Can you hear me?"
The hammering stopped. Somebody inside the chimney piece said, "Shh!"

"Mr. Weasley, it's Harry . . . the fireplace has been blocked up. You won't be able to get through there."

"Damn!" said Mr. Weasley's voice.

"Language," you muttered, and both the twins laughed slightly; thankfully, Mr. Weasley didn't hear it.

"What on earth did they want to block up the fireplace for?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"They've got an electric fire," Harry explained.

"Really?" said Mr. Weasley's voice excitedly. "Eclectic, you say? With a plug? Gracious, I must see that. Let's think-" He was interrupted by you.

"Ouch, Ron!" You said loudly as Ron had appeared behind you.

Ron's voice now joined the others. "What are we doing here? Has something gone wrong?"

"Oh no, Ron," came Fred's voice, very sarcastically. "No, this is exactly where we wanted to end up." You and George chuckled at Fred's comment.

"Yeah, we're having the time of our lives here," George added, whose voice sounded muffled, as though he was squashed against the wall.

"Glad you could join us, Ronald," you added after George, being squished between Fred and Ron.

"Boys and (Y/n)," said Mr. Weasley vaguely. "I'm trying to think what to do... Yes, only way- Stand back, Harry."

Harry retreated to the sofa. Uncle Vernon, however, moved forward.
"Wait a moment!" he bellowed at the fire. "What exactly are you going to-"

BANG.

The electric fire shot across the room as the boarded-up fireplace burst outward, expelling Mr. Weasley, Fred, George, (Y/n), and Ron in a cloud of rubble and loose chippings. Aunt Petunia shrieked and fell backward over the coffee table. Uncle Vernon caught her before she hit the floor, and gaped, speechless, at the Weasleys and you.

"Ugh, Ron get off of me, you're killing me." You breathed, trying to push Ron off your back.

"Oops, sorry." Ron quickly stood up and offered you a hand which you gladly took.

"That's better," panted Mr. Weasley, brushing dust from his long green robes and straightening his glasses. "Ah - you must be Harry's aunt and uncle!"
Tall, thin, and balding, he moved toward Uncle Vernon, his hand outstretched, but Uncle Vernon backed away several paces, dragging Aunt Petunia. Words utterly failed Uncle Vernon. His best suit was covered in white dust, which had settled in his hair and mustache and made him look as though he had just aged thirty years.

"Er, well," he began, "I must apologize for the, uh, unconventional entrance. It appears the Floo Network experienced a minor hiccup." His tone was laced with mild embarrassment, but the twinkle in his eyes betrayed a hint of amusement.

Molly Weasley, who had been bustling around the kitchen, turned sharply at her husband's entrance. Her eyes widened as she took in his disarrayed appearance. "Arthur Weasley, what on earth happened?"

With a sheepish grin, Mr. Weasley launched into his tale, recounting the mishap in full detail. He didn't hold back, including the twins' inadvertent contribution with their dropped toffees and the ensuing spectacle involving Dudley's enlarged tongue.

Molly's expression shifted from initial concern to a mixture of amusement and exasperation as she processed the unfolding story. Her gaze flickered over to the twins, who were now sporting matching innocent expressions, though the mischievous glint in their eyes remained unapologetic.

Charlie and Bill, who had just joined the gathering, exchanged amused glances, clearly entertained by the comical events that had transpired at the Dursleys'.

"Seems like you had quite the adventure," Bill remarked, chuckling.

Charlie added with a wide grin, patting his father on the back, "Never a dull moment with you, Dad."

Meanwhile, Harry, you, and the twins shared knowing glances, silently acknowledging that this incident would undoubtedly become a legendary addition to the Weasley family's repertoire of amusing tales.

As the tension dissipated, the group began to disperse. Molly, still chuckling, decided it was time to bring everyone back together with a good dose of hospitality. "Well, there's no point in dwelling on spilled Floo powder. Let's get everyone settled in, and we'll have a good laugh about it over tea and snacks."

With that, the Weasley family moved on, each taking their own lighthearted perspective on the day's events. You couldn't help but chuckle, fully aware that this mishap would become a cherished memory, shared and retold for generations to come within the Weasley clan. Harry caught your eye, and you both exchanged knowing smiles, appreciating the unique and endearing chaos that came with being part of the Weasley family.