14. The Second Task

Only one day left for the second task and you were more nervous than Harry. How was it possible to breathe underwater? Yes, you knew some magic spells for that but they lasted only 15 minutes, not even an hour, what was needed for the task. You had searched with Hermione, Ron and Harry every single book in the library yet it felt like the world was against you on that.

"Harry, can you repeat what the golden egg said?" You asked, taking a seat beside him.

"Come seek us where our voices sound" Harry tapped his chin on his book between every word.

"Well, it's clear that is the black lake." Hermione spoke from Harry's left.

"Yeah, but how am I supposed to breathe in underwater for more than one minute?" Harry said frustrated looking from his book to Hermione.

"(Y/n) don't you know any spells on how to breathe underwater?" Hermione asks, giving the sleepy Ron beside her the golden egg.

"Not one that lasts more than fifteen minutes, unfortunately. Maybe we should—"

"Ms. Granger and Ms. Black, Professor McGonagall is asking for you two." Moody interrupted you.

"But Professor—"

"You don't need to worry about Mr. Potter. Now go!" You and Hermione held each other close and made your way to McGonagall's office. Everything from then on was a blur, you didn't even remember somebody putting a spell on you that put you into a deep slumper. The last thing you can recall is holding Hermione close and then feeling her grip loosen.

Suddenly, you were trying to stay on the surface, coughing loudly and finally catching your breath. You saw a small blonde girl beside you, struggling to keep herself alive by staying on the surface. You immediately placed her arm around your shoulder and helped her.

"Shh.. it's alright. I got you." You spoke quietly, swimming towards the stands where everyone was applauding, yet you couldn't even hear their clapping due to the pressure that you had from the water in your ears earlier.

Finally reaching the stands you give Fleur, one of the contestants, the girl who appears to be her little sister before she helped you as well, wrapping a towel around you.

"Thank you so much for helping my sister." She spoke with a French accent that immediately got you captivated.

"You're—uhm, you're welcome." She kissed your cheeks and hugged you tightly.

"What's your name?" She asked, moving her hands up and down your arms to warm you up.

"(Y/n). And I know who you are, heh."

"Thank you again, (Y/n)!" She hugged you tightly before returning to Madame Maxine and her sister. You felt petrified, not in a bad way of course. She was pretty, extremely pretty to be exact.

"(Y/n)!" Hermione, Astrid and Fred snapped you out of your thoughts, both hugging you tightly.

"You're going to suffocate me, guys!" You struggled to get those words out. They loosened their grip on you.

"Are you alright?" Fred asked cupping your face and searching every where for bruises or cuts.

"Freddie, I'm fine. I promise." You smiled

"You had me worried. You didn't return last night and I— I was waiting for you in the common room and when I saw Harry and Ron without you, my heart dropped and I—" You interrupted him by giving him a small kiss on the cheek, the only one appropriate since there were teachers and students around

"I'm fine. Relax now okay?" He nodded.

"You really scared us, y'know? By not showing up. I had to keep him," Astrid pointed at Fred "restrained so he wouldn't completely lose his mind from losing you." That earned Astrid a light punch on the shoulder from Fred.