9 Fountain

"We are not doing that."

"Do what?" Wooyoung lowers down his voice. "Wearing all those fancy suits and preparing a grand coronation ceremony for you?"

San puts a finger to his lips, reminding the other to keep his mouth shut about the matter, especially since they're in town. The five of the remaining young masters in Nyla, are all out and about in town after they had sent Akira, Seonghwa, Yunho and Jongho away. They had decided to take some fresh air while walking around town, with San needing it the most considering how he had just, although still quite reluctant, to take on the title as king officially.

Wooyoung lowers down his voice, looks to the back to see Mingi, Hongjoong and Yeosang window shopping in the streets, then looks to his surroundings before lowering down his voice. "It's a big event! And it's not like we're going to be inviting others. It's just among us! You know, those in the palace... maybe Mingi's parents? Oooh and the new king and queen." He starts to ramble, "Talking about the new king and queen of Lucida I wonder when they will be holding their ceremony. Can you imagine? The boy who's been with us since we're kids is becoming a king in another kingdom."

San chuckles before shaking his head. "There's a reason why the tradition is set for the Shadow King. It's supposed to be a humbling experience, not something to boast about."

"But still," Wooyoung mumbles. "I think it'd be really fun to attend. I want to see my childhood friend walking to that throne, putting on that crown he deserves. Hmm?" He leans to the side, shaking San's hand. "What do you think? We're not exposing you, just among us."

"So you want to have a coronation ceremony among us, just so you can see me putting on that crown?"

Wooyoung nods enthusiastically.

"For my friend who's been with me since we were kids..."

Wooyoung looks at him expectantly.

"I'll think about it."

Wooyoung's shoulders sag. "Well, at least that's better than completely trashing that idea. I have to think about what I'm going to wear that day. I can't lose to you; you may be handsome but-"

"-you get all the girls, I know," San drawls, rolling his eyes so hard that he could feel as if he could see his skull.

"What are you guys talking about so seriously?" Mingi approaches them, pushing them apart before putting his arms around the both of them. "We're here to window shop, not discuss palace matters."

"Have some fun, you losers," Yeosang comes next, followed by Hongjoong who just scared off a little child because he was frowning as he looked at the flowers a florist is selling. "We're in town, try something fun and not bring palace stuff here."

"How do we even have fun these days?" Wooyoung sighs. "I can't wait for next year's ball too. I feel like that's one of the days I look forward to every year."

"Sure, sure and we all know the reason why," Mingi utters. "And you, Kim Hongjoong. Why are you looking so intently at the flowers being sold? Thinking of buying them for someone?" He gasps, "Don't tell me you've already found someone new?"

"What?" Hongjoong frowns, shaking his head profusely. "No, no, no. Before Seonghwa left he gave Wooyoung and I the trust to look after his garden-"

"Ah right!" Wooyoung exclaims, then slapping his forehead. "I completely forgot about that."

"It's barely been a few hours since Seonghwa left, and you've already forgotten about what he asked you to do?" Yeosang tuts.

"Can't blame me." Wooyoung shrugs. "Whatever that guy says goes into one ear and out the other. His voice has a huge tendency to not stick in my brain. It's probably all the greasiness he has."