61 Family

Two months later, Nyla

"Princess, I'll protect you with all my heart, my body and my soul. They can kill me instead if they try to harm you."

Sara looks at San weirdly before she utters, "Can you stop being so overdramatic? We're just-" She stops talking as something hits her back, and she falls dramatically as San lunges to catch her in his arms.

"Princess," San cries out before he looks up to find the culprit. His eyes burn with anger as he calls out, "Jung Wooyoung!"

Yeosang stretches his fingers to make sure his attack would make a fatal hit. "We're literally just-" he shoots out his hand, aiming the bullet towards Seonghwa, "-having a snowball fight." He cackles evilly as he sees Seonghwa kneeling on the ground, frustrated hands messing up his hair as the king of Lucida has his family of snow ducks he made destroyed by Yeosang's fast hands.

"Kang Yeosang, you've destroyed my snow duckies!" Seonghwa utters, before using the snow the snow ducks are made from, balling it up bigger than his palm, lifting it up and throwing it over to Yeosang.

Yeosang, whose quick eye catches the movement of the king, immediately grabs Mingi to shield him, the latter having snow smacked right in the middle of his face. The palace doctor lets him go, patting his back. "Thank you, you've made a huge contribution." He immediately ducks again as another snowball soars towards his direction, catching Hongjoong by surprise as it hits the back of his head, and the blacksmith lands face first into the snow.

Meanwhile Jongho is dutifully compacting snowballs, getting them ready on the ground before he picks them up one by one, shooting them towards anyone he can target. He pumps his fist up in triumph as he sees that finally, he has managed to hit Hongjoong, Yeosang, Mingi, Yunho, Wooyoung and San in that particular order. When he's about to aim for Seonghwa, he sees Akira narrowing her eyes at him, and he slowly lowers down his hand before aiming for Wooyoung twice.

Yunho is silently looking at the battlefield, his eyes moving around to see whether he can find a victim. He picks up a snowball, but before he can throw it towards Mingi, he staggers forward as he gets hit on the back of his head. He turns around, feeling somewhat betrayed before he spots Akira throwing a snowball up and down, smirking. He turns around quickly to aim for the queen, throwing with all his might in her direction.

Akira is ready to dodge as she sees the snowball speeding up towards her, but she catches Seonghwa's eyes before he stands in front of her, staring at her as he takes the hit. She watches as he grabs her shoulder, face contorting as he gets hit multiple times by the snowballs on his back.

"I will," Seonghwa manages as another snowball hits his back and he staggers forward, landing in the arms of his wife, "protect you with my life."

Akira rolls her eyes as she holds him up, but he continues shielding Akira as Yunho keeps battering his back. By the time Yunho's done, Seonghwa collapses to the ground as Akira falls forward, dragged by him. The king of Lucida lies on his back with Akira on top of him, and he circles his arms around her waist as he chuckles.

"This is nice," Seonghwa comments. "If protecting you means I get to cuddle with you."

"Your Majesty," Jongho says as he appears in Seonghwa's view, his body bent forward. "I humbly request for you to respect the singles in the kingdom." Then he grins before dropping a load of snow on the king's face.

Akira laughs as she dusts the snow off his face, before flicking his forehead. "I thought you're making snow ducks."

"Ah," Seonghwa's eyes turn wide as he sits up, pulling Akira onto his lap, "my snow duck family." Then he frowns, "Yeosang murdered them. We need to revive them." He stands up, pulls Akira to where he was making the snow ducks before both of them crouch in front of the pile of snow. He makes one, then the queen does the same, as they alternately make snow ducks and manage to make 12 of them.