31 Dark

The black cat with red eyes meows at them, going over to the kneeling Akira and Wooyoung, sniffing them, as if trying to figure out where they're from from their scents. It does a restrained purr before hissing, but the person - the owner or the cat, presumably - puts up a hand, before picking the cat up and putting it on her shoulder.

"It's alright, Twinkle," she says, patting the cat's body as she slightly tilts her head forward when the cat walks across her shoulders. "They're strangers but let's hear why they're here first."

Wooyoung and Akira heave a sigh of relief as they hear this; at least for the time being they can be rest assured that this person doesn't see them as a threat yet.

"...but if we find them with bad intentions we can always throw them to the bottom of the stairs to be eaten alive," she continues.

Both of them have their eyes wide open as they gulp. They glance at each other, face already worried on how it'll turn out for them once they cross this person. This person seems... unique.

For one, they had expected to meet someone who is years older than them, someone who is made to be awkward in dealing with humans from their years away from civilization and a brooding presence they wouldn't want to deal with.

Instead they are met with a bright-eyed young woman with skin that reflects the golden sunlight hitting against her face, a tattoo of what seems like a teardrop obvious under her left eye. She's wearing a white robe, which looks contrasting to the dark exterior of the palace and the animals who seem to be moving at her very command. Under her robe she wears a white dress, the gown weaved with fresh flowers. Her hair is fluorescent pink, and although she's not smiling, she has this look on her face that makes them feel like she's not intimidating. Even her nails are painted soft pink, looking like they're very well taken care of.

In short, she's nothing like the person who has lived in isolation for years they expected to meet.

"Not one, but two guests," she utters. "Or should I say intruders? What brings the both of you here? Are you perhaps looking for some treasure... some fame after you can claim that you've found a person living on this island? Turn back." Although her tone sounds soft, it's pressing. "You have nothing to take back, and just so you know, I have my loyal friends that can tear you apart if you think you can take anything away from here. Just leave while I'm being nice."

She turns around, but Akira tries as she might to advance forward even if her legs are held in place by the tendrils. The queen grabs onto the young woman's leg with both of her hands, her breath already irregular.

"Please," she begs. "Help us."

The young woman's eyes change at this, but her face remains indifferent. She lifts up her leg before attempting to pry it away from Akira's grasp. "I have no idea what you're talking about, and like I said, leave while I'm being nice."

"My husband," Akira cries out. "He's sick because of the curse."

She looks down at Akira who's still desperately clinging onto her leg, trying with all her might to never lose her grip. She says, hard, "Why is that any of my concern? I don't even know who you are, and you came barging in my place without shame, asking for help. I am of no help to you." She lifts up her leg before attempting to kick the queen away, but her leg is held in place by Wooyoung. She scoffs in disbelief as she kicks Wooyoung's body, releasing the grip he has on her. "You do realize that you're attempting to ask help from a stranger by intruding into one's place?"

"I'm sorry," Akira says as she bends her body forward, placing her palms flat on the ground as she utters. "I'm just- I'm desperate. Please," her voice croaks as she feels tears welling up in her eyes.

Kintsugi // ATEEZ [Ishihara Sequel] ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें