46 News

You weren't born with all of these abilities, you took it away from someone.

It was an accident, how would I know?

Destiny, it's funny isn't it? Both of you were already in each other's lives before you knew it.

His chest feels tight as he lifts up his eyelids, giving him the view of a familiar face, eyes closed as their chest rises up and down softly. He smiles, for the first time feeling like every emotion is crashing onto him as his face no longer feels stiff. He lifts up his left hand, twisting it around to see that the black tendrils all over his skin have faded, with some already gone. He places the hand on their hair, caressing it. He feels like tears would come to his eyes as his body now moves according to how he wants. He doesn't want to disturb the person sleeping, but he can't resist the urge to hold their face.

As soon as he puts his hand on their cheek though, they slap his hand away, as if an automatic reaction in their sleep. They don't even open their eyes, but mumble a "you don't want to mess with me" before falling quiet again.

He chuckles; she's even intimidating in her sleep.

He doesn't want to wake her up but he misses her too much, so slowly, he calls out her name. He fears that his voice would be absorbed into the void again, just like he's rendered speechless every time he wants to say something.

"Akira," he says. He places his right hand on her cheek, this time around she doesn't slap it away.

Akira groans softly as she opens her eyes, feeling a warm hand on her cheek. She blinks, still sleepy as she looks at him. It still seems that she hasn't registered how he's back, because she only mumbles her words.

"Why do you look so vivid when it's just a dream?" She reaches out a hand, placing it on his cheek. "You're warm too."

He doesn't say anything as he brings his hand to his cheek, grasping hers tightly. Tears pool in his eyes as he blinks, letting them fall before it wets his cheek and their hands.

"Crybaby," Akira mutters. "Even in my dream you're crying."

"It's not a dream," Seonghwa finally says. "I'm here with you."

Her half-open eyes turn wide before she springs up, sitting up straighter. She lunges forward as she cups his face, her own tears welling up. She sobs as she holds onto his face, unable to form any coherent words. She rubs her thumbs over his skin, as if trying to make herself believe that it's real; his skin is smooth, the black tendrils on his face are gone, he feels warm and most importantly, his eyes look at her with so much love that she's sure that she has finally gotten him back.

"Seonghwa," she says. "You're- you're back." She stutters, as she still can't believe it.

He smiles as he nods. "I'm back," he repeats. "I'm here-"

He gets cut off as she wraps her arms around him tightly, burying her face at the crook of his neck and cries. This time around he doesn't hesitate as he brings his arms around her, pulling her closer and brushing his hand over her hair.

"Do you know-" she manages through her tears as she tightens her hold around him, "-how long I waited for you, you idiot?"

"I'm sorry," he utters against her hair.

"You-" she starts but she can only crumple up his shirt in her hand, crying harder. As she finds her voice back she continues, "You almost died trying to protect me and do you- do you know how scared I was because I thought I was going to lose you forever?"

"I'm here," he breathes. "I'm sorry you had to wait for me."

"No matter-" she takes a deep breath, "no matter how long I'd wait for you."