56 Dream

Akira bends down to pick the strewn papers up, but someone stops her from behind, giving her a back hug before her hands are locked in place so that she won't be able to move. She tries to wiggle her way out of the hold, but it's clear that the person doesn't want her to do anything.

"Akira," Seonghwa whines. "It's 4 in the morning and you barely had any sleep after trying to deal with everyone." He grabs her waist, turning her around as he pouts. "Aren't you tired? Let's get some sleep."

She looks at him as she chuckles slowly, but something has been tugging at her ever since just now that she doesn't think she can catch some sleep. From dealing with their enemies, managing the fallen bodies, the emergency Jihyun had to go through and finally, the short vision she experienced that made her believe the curse is gone.

Although she hopes the last one isn't true, there's a strong feeling deep inside that tells her just as the curse is gone, someone is.

"I can't sleep," she admits. "I can't explain what I saw or felt, and although I hope it's not true..." She runs her fingers through her hair as she's reminded of how she didn't have enough time to send Sara nor the other young masters away, just because their plan shifted and everything almost fell into chaos.

Right after the battle was declared over, both of them had made sure that all of those involved in the pact who are still alive would be sent to prison immediately, all pleadings and hearings to be postponed to another date as they sort out the mess in the palace. They had sent off people to invite the young masters back to the palace, and it would be anytime soon they would appear at the palace.

"Still, you shouldn't strain yourself too much," Seonghwa utters, grabbing her hands before squeezing her shoulders as he pushes her out slowly from the royal study, closing the door behind him. "You've already used up your energy to fight for the palace, and won't you let this one time go?"

She sighs before she leans against him, finally letting go of all the stress she has been through as he puts his arms around her, embracing her as she cries against his chest. "I'm sorry," she utters. "I just- I feel like I'd have to take responsibility for everything. Even Jihyun-"

"It's not your fault," he adds, caressing her hair. "You've done an amazing job, and you fought the best you can."

"What can I do to bring back all of our people that we've lost? And I think-" she looks up at him with teary eyes, "I'm afraid something has happened to San or Sara. I won't be able to be at ease until I know what's happening with them."

"Shh," he comforts her. "You need to rest. Akira," he holds her arms, "rest." He doesn't say anything more as he lifts her up, and it almost looks like she'll fall unconscious in his hold. He brings her over to their room, lays her down on the bed and pulls the blanket over her. He sits beside her, placing a hand on her stomach before leaning forward, kissing her cheek. "Rest. I'll deal with the others, and we'll wait for the boys to come back. Everything will be fine."

She only nods and he smiles, brushing the hair out of her face. She doesn't have the energy left to at least change into fresh clothes, or even step into the bathroom to wash her face. What she does feel is Seonghwa carefully wiping her face, neck and hands with a damp cloth, singing a lullaby for her. She can barely feel him helping to tuck her into bed.

She closes her eyes, battling between the flashes of unclear visions she had and the fatigue she's experiencing, now that her body has been exerted to its maximum. Tears stream down her cheeks and onto the pillow as she finally drifts off to sleep, but it's not only emptiness; everything around her is making her senses full, from the sound of waves crashing against the shore and the shouts of people mixing together. She feels like she can sense the remnants of the curse in the air, swirling as it tries to find a new victim.