Chapter 24

After Sehun left, I prepared myself to go to work. My wounds are almost healed and unnoticeable. I believe that there would be no need to stay in the house and do nothing. Besides, Sehun is not present so I will practically be bored if I don't go out. I have this habit of wanting to do something all the time. I feel useless when my day is not productive.

I changed into a pair of slacks and a cream-colored blouse, then put on doll shoes that will make me comfortable for the day. I sat in my vanity mirror and did my makeup lightly. I still need to conceal some scars after all.

I sighed as I stared at the mirror. It was only hours after Sehun has left but I felt a part of me left with him. Why am I being clingy? What is up with me?

Once I am done, I grabbed my purse and headed outside to look for Mr. Evans, but I heard a voice calling my name.

"Stella." I looked behind me and saw Suho coming my way. I slightly bowed as a sign of respect and he surprisingly did the same.

He always had this strict demeanor in him and I rarely see him smile. But whenever the three of them are together, him, Sehun, and Chanyeol, his strict aura vanishes. I think the three of them are made for each other and let me acknowledge his concern for Sehun. Suho always takes care of him like how a mother does to his son.

"Yes? Do you need anything?" I asked him as he was walking in my direction.

"Are you going somewhere?" Suho asked me.

"Yes, I am going to work." I smiled at him politely.

"Work?" I nodded. "Sehun instructed me not to allow you to go to work. He said you still need to rest." He explained as if he was trying to recall what Sehun exactly told him.

Speaking of Sehun, how dare he? I don't want to rot in this place.

"Ummm... He must've not told you because he was in a hurry, but we already talked about it. Starting today, I am going to work." I lied. This was an easy one. He might be the boss, but I am the queen of determination.

"Is that so, let me call h-"

"Have you seen Mr. Evans?" I cut him off to distract him from calling Sehun. I mean, I prepared myself and decided to freshen up and be productive but one phone call could end the plans I've set today. If that happens it will be a complete bummer.

"Mr. Evans is on leave, I am the one who will accompany you wherever you go as per Sehun instructed. Are you going to work? Are you sure you're okay now?" I guess Sehun set everything before he left. I was touched by the gesture but I am getting out of this house no matter what.

"I see. Yes, I am fine, thank you for the concern. Where is the car?" I asked him and he gestured to one side of the garage and I slid in the back. It felt not right to sit on the passenger side and I am intimidated by him, so I decided to sit in the back.

"How are you and Sehun?" Suho asked, not looking at the rear-view mirror and looked as if he was talking to himself.

"We're good. We're getting along just fine." I told him truthfully. I feel like I am being interrogated by a mother. The situation is giving me that vibe, although I wanted to laugh at myself for having that thought but it would be inappropriate to do that now.

"Well, I guess that's nice. I thought you would have left him after everything that happened at the warehouse." He said as if he was sure that I was going to back out on Sehun after Kai happened. To say I'm offended by that is an understatement. I didn't know if it is meant to be an offensive one, but I will let this slide.

"Why would you think I will do that?" I asked him, looking at the rearview mirror and raising my eyebrow.

"Weren't you scared?" Suho tsked.