Prologue

"What will you do for the sake of love?"

"I've lived my life trying to please my parents, only to discover that I was never a daughter to them."

"I always did my best in everything for the approval of my parents. I always did what is right because I don't want them to think lowly of me. I always follow what they want me to do because I don't want them to say that I am a disobedient child. You know why? Because I'm adopted. I believe that I owe them these things. I was afraid they will not want me anymore."

"I got my freedom taken away from me as I signed that contract? I even gave myself to someone who's a stranger to me but nothing seems to be right. Everything in my life was wrong. Why am I even stuck in this loveless marriage?!" I said clearly frustrated and hurt about everything that's happening to me.

"But I love you. More than anyone in this world. The moment you said 'yes' to me even though you were just pushing yourself to, I knew I have to make you mine. Everything might look fake to you, but it is real for me. I might not be the best husband but I promise to give you the best that I could. I messed up at first but please give me a chance to show what my true feelings are. Be mine, Stella." His eyes held a lot. Thousands of unspoken words were said through his eyes. I will be lying if I said I don't want to believe him, but his eyes held a lot of concern, a concern I've never felt from anyone.

"I love you so much. Why can't you realize that?" And at that moment, I knew, I knew I was home. I broke down in his arms. I didn't care about anything else in this world.  The feeling of his arms engulfing me makes me realize that he's my peace, my peace in this world of chaos.

He was once the reason of my misery, but he is now the reason I am able to fight whatever comes in my life.

It was never just an arranged marriage. I thought marrying him will be the end, but I guess I was wrong.

After marrying him, dark secrets lashed out on me like thorns of roses piercing me.

But whatever it is, I am glad. I am glad that I married him even though he's the mafia boss.

All rights reserved, including the right to reproduce this book or portions thereof in any form whatsoever. For information, address the publisher.

This is an Exo fanfiction. All scenarios were a product of the writer's imagination.