Chapter 12

I couldn't move. My body felt stiff. I know my heart is beating fast than it should be but I can't put my hand in my chest just like how I always do. It felt like I've been frozen.

I couldn't scream. My voice seemed trapped and couldn't get out. I tried forming words, but nothing came out. There was this hollowness that's engulfing me. I wanted to get out of it, but I couldn't.

I couldn't do anything and there laid on the floor the injured body of my husband.

I thought Sehun's metal door is the thing I will compare with the movies, but what happened before me is far more shocking.

Sehun kept guarding his door and pointed his gun at it while I was hiding. But little did the two of us know, the one we're watching out for is already inside Sehun's room and before we knew it, Sehun has been shot.

I wanted to scream at the horror in front of my eyes, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Sehun pointed the gun where the shooter came from but eventually dropped it, soon followed by his body. Laughter resounded the room we were both in. It wasn't just normal laughter, but a laugh that felt sinister to me and felt familiar to me. I didn't need to look at who it was because I already know the owner of that laugh.

The figure came out of the shadows, his footsteps resonating inside the room. Sehun tried standing up, even with his shoulder bleeding so bad. Every move Sehun made was followed by a grunt. I can already imagine how much he's hurting. His eyebrows creased while he tried to look at the figure that came out of the shadows.

"Good evening." The voice called out.

"You! What do you want?!" Sehun shouted back at him and charged at him but the shooter has fast reflexes and immediately pointed the gun back at Sehun.

No! I wanted to scream, but nothing came out.

Sehun stopped charging towards the man and stepped backward.

"What do you want, Kai?" Sehun kept calm or was he trying to sound calm but whatever it is, it's not working because I can see his hands shaking.

"Nothing, I just dropped by." Kai casually said, his gun still pointing at Sehun.

"Yeah? I think it wouldn't be nothing if you went to this extent of shooting me!" Sehun frustratedly talked back at him, his other hand went to his injured shoulder.

Kai laughed. "I didn't come here to shoot you, I came here to kill you! Well, I will kill you but I need to see my lovely sister first. Where is she anyway?" Kai's eyes ventured around the room and I held my uneven breath for a while. I'm panicking and hiding behind a cabinet is not helping at all.

"She's not here!" Sehun immediately answered, attracting Kai's attention back at him.

"Liar." Kai chuckled. "I heard her voice when both of you entered. So where is she?"

"I told you, she's not here!"

"Tell me where she is, or I'll kill you right now!" Kai lost his cool act and proceeded to point the gun towards Sehun's head.

What the! I need to help Sehun! What do I do!

Sehun put his hands up and closed his eyes, fear engulfing him. "She's not here, she's not here." Sehun kept on repeating, his head shaking. What do I do?

I looked around me, thinking of something that could help Sehun and me. My eyes landed on the gun that Sehun dropped. I looked back at the two and Kai charged the gun towards Sehun, his finger is on the trigger, ready to shoot. It's now or never.