Chapter 1

"Stella, will you please come down. Your father and I have something to discuss with you." My mother called as I was getting changed into some comfortable clothes.

"Yes, mother. Give me a second!" I replied. My voice echoing throughout the house.

I am Stella Kim, the adopted child of Henry and Dory Kim. I was adopted by the Kims when I was just a little girl. I don't know what happened to my parents nor who they are, but I am happy with my foster parents and I will be forever grateful for them for giving me the life I have now.

I trudged down the stairs as I see maids putting dishes on the table for our dinner.

"Good evening, father." I greeted my dad politely. Henry Kim was always this strict and straightforward person you'll need to figure out like jumbled pieces of a puzzle. He makes his work professional and even inside the house, he's become professional that I grew up calling him father instead of Dad; same with my mother. I have my utmost respect towards my father, while mother is mostly distant as she also goes to work to help my dad. It was never a problem for me, I am more than grateful to have shelter provided by them that I've come to terms with it.

"Sit down. We have something to discuss." He replied shortly. He was always like this, I'm used to it actually.

"Stella, you're 22 now. We've provided you with everything you need for the 22 years of your life. Whatever you needed and wanted, we gave it to you. You're done with your studies and you have now a degree in Business Administration." Mother started the conversation with these words. Oh boy, am I handling the business now that I've graduated? Will I be training as soon as possible to take over the company? I didn't want it. It's the most terrible thing that will hinder my plans of establishing my own business.

"Your father and I's business has encountered some difficulties recently. We're losing a lot, and we need your help this time." Mother continued as I was cutting the steak we're having for dinner now. Yes, my parents were always quite wealthy, but remembering my mother's words just now, I don't think so anymore.

"Mother, if you're talking about me taking over the business, I don't–"

"You're marrying Oh Sehun to save the company." I felt like I was splashed with ice-cold water as blood rushed towards my body. The fork that I was holding echoed as it fell from my hands down on the floor. I couldn't decipher the words that came out of my mother's mouth. I couldn't really understand what is going on and my pulse started beating rapidly.

"What mother? I'm sorry I can't understand what you're saying." I asked her again, putting my hands on my head.

"I said, you need to marry Oh Sehun, in order to save the company," Mother repeated with frustration, trying to make me understand.

I am marrying Oh Sehun? The bachelor who gets linked with girls many times that I can't even count in my fingers.

"What mother? I can't do that. I don't know that person. I'm not even ready for marriage, I haven't even been in a relationship because I want to focus on my career. I am planning on establishing my own business for me, for my own future. Marrying is the least of my plans." I argued to my mother once more, I've lost my appetite as the news was laid down on me. The steak was looking delicious but I couldn't digest it right now.

I continued arguing with my mother, "Mother, I know I owe my 22 years of life to both you and father, but you can't this, not this one, please. I don't–"

"Exactly, you owe 22 years of your life to us, so this is the least you could do for me and your mother. After all, without us, you will be nothing but a kid in that adoption home." Father interrupted us, his words are like venom to me that keeps on poisoning all of my senses. He was always this cold person but I never knew that they will want payment for the things they've done for me.