Chapter 18

Sehun's POV

(A/n: this pov's timeline started in Chapter 16)

Who would have known I will tame the love of my life under the pouring rain? I wonder how things would have turned out if I didn't cancel that meeting and let her go home by herself. Would I be getting the same results? Or would I regret it for the rest of my life?

That night, I poured everything I felt to Stella, may it be words or actions. Under that rain, I let it all out. It was true. I love her and I will love her for the rest of my life. I will not let any harm come to her, and if it meant including her parents, so be it. I will not let her come back to them by any means.

Letting go of her hand for a moment felt like letting go of my everything at the same time.

"So you're telling me, you told her you love her and she accepted you?" Chanyeol hyung said as I instantly went to him when Stella and I came home that night. I might sound like a teenager, but I was excited to drop the news to him.

"Yes," I replied to him. I know it might seem unbelievable, even I myself find it hard to believe, but it's the truth and I couldn't be happier.

"I thought she wanted a divorce?" Chanyeol hyung asked. It was true, Stella kept on repeating the word divorce. I even thought we had an understanding last night already, but she mentioned the divorce again which made me upset.

In the morning, I was still not in the mood because who would be, right? The one you want does not want you. That's what I felt but things took a drastic turn and there's no way I wouldn't seize it.

"I guess that's not the case anymore," I told Chanyeol hyung. Hoping Stella's mind will not change.

"Did you tell her?" Chanyeol-hyung asked. It was at this moment that I realized I might have been too aggressive on things. I thought after telling her I love her, everything will be fine. I guess I let my emotions get the best of me that I didn't think she still has to know.

I sighed as I shook my head. My words clearly leaving my mouth as thoughts occupied my mind because of what Chanyeol-hyung said.

"You need to tell her. She has to know." Chanyeol-hyung said as he tapped my shoulder before exiting my study.

I showered to freshen myself up a bit and disregard the fact that there was still a tingling feeling inside of me. I should be happy, I am happy, but I am not at ease.

I laid down on my bed, facing the ceiling. All I could think of was that, and Stella. I felt bad for distancing myself from her in the morning. She even brought me my breakfast and tried to help me to dry my hair but I avoided her at all costs. I am really glad that she can finally stop thinking about the divorce because there was no way I'm letting her have one.

Stella, Stella, Stella, my mind screamed at me. I shot out of bed and headed towards her bedroom. I can't get my mind off of you, little mushroom. I'm sorry if I'm doing this even though you asked me not to.

I opened her bedroom door only to see her in her pajamas and soundly sleeping. I smiled at the sight in front of me. She's so beautiful with her hair down and seeing her sleeping peacefully like she's at ease makes me feel at ease too. I missed you, Stella.

I tiptoed inside, careful not to wake her up, but even if she wakes up, I do not have a plan on sleeping without her beside me. I missed too many opportunities before, I wouldn't miss this one.

I carefully went to her bed and laid down beside her. I draped my arm on her waist really carefully, but this little mushroom of mine stirred.

"I can at least ask for a cuddle, right?" I asked her so I'll know if she'll be comfortable.