Chapter 26

If you want to know about the photos, come meet me at the AZ club on the 20th, at 11 pm sharp. PS. No chaperone.

Today is the 20th and I still do not know how I am going to get out of this house alone. After being tailed at the vicinity of the coffee shop, they called Sehun and told him what happened. That some guy chased me and they still haven't figured out who it was or if that person is a member of some other group that is not on good terms with Sehun.

"Sehun, she was chased, by a man she did not know. How long are you going to keep doing this? She's paying the price of your enemy's grudge against you, while you're out there doing deals. Don't you understand that she has become your weakness, and your enemies will try to hurt her knowing how much you're going to offer just to save her? She even hurt herself trying to get away from whoever that is."

Suho stopped. There was a brief silence, as he listened to the other line.

"Yes, she's safe. She just scraped her kne-, I said too many things and that's all you heard? I can't believe you."

"Before, the mafia was your priority, why did it suddenly change? Things were always under your control because you're Oh Sehun. After accepting that deal, you know what, this talk is not in any way important. You're the boss after all." He frustratedly muttered.

"No, Chanyeol, don't tell me that I don't know everything. It's your choice to keep me in the dark, and I don't have a clue what the two of you are hiding regarding the deal with her father. I am left to handle all of the things here while the two of you are not there."

Hiding? Deal with my father? What are they saying? I don't understand anything.

"Oh yeah? It's for the better because you don't want your secret coming out? Imagine what she'll feel when she comes to know whatever it is that you're hiding about her, about your deal with her father, or whatever. I am done talking to you. And yes, she will not go to the cafe for a while if that's what you were worried about." And with that, Suho ended the call and I quietly backed away to go back to my room before I got caught.

It got me thinking, could be the photos of me in a different high school uniform be the answer to the deal Sehun made with my father that I do not know about? I locked my door and lifted my mattress to retrieve the envelope I received. I looked at it carefully, and if you're not me, it would look like a casual photo of a high school girl in your eyes, but looking at it now, nothing adds up. This is not the high school I studied at, so why am I wearing this? I lied down on my bed and lifted the photo to casually look at it and get some clues, but after I lifted it, the back was reflected by light and I saw that there were writings at the back. I jolted up and flipped the photo, and there I saw. Handwritten, "If you want to know about the photos, come meet me at the AZ club on the 20th, at 11 pm sharp. PS. No chaperone."

So that is what happened and it's the 20th now. Time after time, Sehun called me to check in on me. I casually answered every time. He said he's a little busy regarding the transportation of - I guess I could say, the transportation of the drugs. But ever since Suho's phone call to him, something inside of me is being eaten up by the guilt of thinking something bad about my husband. The same man who rescued me when Kai abducted me, the same man who made me have my freedom from my adopted parents, and the very same man who rescued me from the chaos in my mind. I am not even sure if I wanted to go to the AZ club. I was hesitant of whatever it is that I am bound to know. But after all of this, do I still have anything to fear?

-

"Stella, that's insane! You do know that they do not want you to leave the house because you're in danger, not because you're being held as a prisoner and on top of that, Sehun will do everything to protect you." Sandy almost shouted but she knew she must not be heard by anyone.