Chapter 21

"I want the mafia, all of it," Kai replied to Sehun, his evil laugh resonated within the whole room.

The tension that has been hanging in the air increased. Cold sweat dripped down my forehead, as Kai applied more pressure to the gun he's holding in my temple.

Everyone stayed silent, waiting for Sehun's reply. Even I am anticipating what Sehun is going to reply. Let's be honest, the only reason Sehun is here with his men and with their weapons is to save me. He can't give the mafia to Kai. It was his father's dying wish. It will be selfish of him to do that.

I thought a lot as seconds felt like minutes. Every breath I inhaled felt like the last breath I'll take. I looked at Sehun's eyes, looking for any answer. Anything that could tell me he somehow got this under control, but I saw nothing. It's completely blank.

Once we caught each other's eyes, I wanted to shake my head and tell him to let this go and that I'll be okay, but the gun in my head is stopping me from doing so.

Don't give it to him. Just let it go. Just go.

I wanted to scream so badly as beads of sweat and tears that came out from my panicked state flowed down my face. Not to mention the constant beating of my heart from all of these things isn't helping my condition at all.

Sehun shook his head at me, probably understanding what I wanted to say.

No, he'll just play you. Don't give it to him.

These unspoken words were the only thing I could do for him, but he is not accepting it. Sehun is rejecting it. We continuously stared at each other. 

"Don't take me for a fool Stella. I am not going to leave you here." Sehun suddenly broke the thick silence, his voice filling the room.

I took a deep breath. "Don't give it to him. Just let it go. I'll be fine." I asked him pleadingly.

"No, Ste-"

"No more gunshots, Sehun, please," I told him with a shaky breath, growing tired of the chaos that occurred since both of us got married. I started to wonder how both of us are living our life right now if we didn't agree to this arranged marriage. Will my life be more peaceful? I doubt that. With Kai in the picture, my life will never be the same. There are a lot of things that I still do not understand regarding Kai and my parents, and I guess those things will just remain a mystery to me.

Sehun sighed as he ran his fingers in his hair, frustration occupying him. Will it be quieter for Sehun if we didn't marry each other? 

A hundred percent yes. 

Come to think of it. My father needed his help because his company is suffering, he came up with the idea of arranged marriage, and surprisingly to everyone, Sehun agreed. As to the reason why he agreed, I still don't have an idea. If I am not in Sehun's life, his life could've turned out differently. I am the only one that's bringing him trouble. He looked at me once again, regret filling his eyes.

"Please just go, Sehun. I am getting tired of hearing guns." I pleaded. Just go, it wasn't my intention to make life hard for you. I am sorry. Just go and live your life how you did before you met me. I am sorry for causing you trouble. There are so many things I wanted to tell him, so many things I couldn't verbally let out.

Sehun rubbed his eyes, clearly on the verge of crying, but he's not letting it out. I know how hard this is for you, Sehun. I know.

"Chanyeol," I called for him. Once I saw Chanyeol, I smiled at him. "Just go, take Sehun with you, I'll be staying," I said to him with a smile on my face.