Chapter 17

I woke up alone in my bed. I felt a sudden pang in my heart realizing Sehun is not present when I woke up. Was last night just a dream? Or was it just my fantasy? I've been waking up alone in my bed for years, but today seemed different. I clearly remember his soothing voice last night when he draped his arm on my waist. A sudden surge of emotions is enveloping me right now.

I hopped out of bed and went to the washroom to freshen up. Once I am done, I decided to go to Sehun's bedroom to check if he's still sleeping. Who are you kidding, Stella? You want to check if last night was real. Wasn't it?

I knocked silently on his door and opened it on the third one. I looked inside and saw no sign of Sehun. My heart rate increased. Was I really just dreaming last night? Didn't any of it happen?

I decided to go downstairs, but every step I took felt heavy. It seemed like I am taking my time but I really just felt uneasy at the moment. I didn't know what was in store for me.

Finally, I reached the last step of the stairs. Just a few steps and I'll reach the kitchen in no time.

Something delicious was being cooked in the kitchen. I know because I can smell it. I entered the kitchen with a heavy heart, but a sight shocked me to the core.

The sight in front of me is something only a few people will be able to witness. Ingredients were everywhere, almost occupying the whole table. Peeled skin of vegetables and fruits are gathered to one side but still isn't placed on the trash can. I looked at him and he seemed so immersed in his own world. It's rare to see him in his joggers and what's rarer is that he's cooking. 

Yep, you got that right. Sehun is cooking. I am really contemplating whether or not to make my presence acknowledged but Sehun looked cute today. And much more, he's behind the kitchen counter.

Sehun took the chopsticks in his hands and tasted whatever he was cooking on the pan.
He paused for a while and shook his head while savoring the taste.

"Hmm. This is no good. She'll not like it." Sehun muttered to himself and proceeded to take the potholder to move the pan.

Once I realized what he was doing, I decided to show myself. I grabbed a pair of chopsticks and tasted the egg roll on the pan.

"Yah!" Sehun was shocked by my presence and tried to stop me from tasting the egg roll that is now hanging on my chopsticks.

"What?" I asked him, Sehun still holding my hand.

"That's not.. that's not the finished product. It's messed up. Don't eat that." Sehun said, gesturing me to stop.

I raised my eyebrows at him and signaled him to let go of my hand. He hesitantly let it go and I instantly put the egg roll in my mouth.

"Come on, it's not that bad. Don't waste food." I told him, my mouth still full. Although it tastes a little bit salty, it'll do. Sehun's effort is what matters to me. I looked at Sehun to see nothing on his face, no emotion, no anything.

I placed the chopsticks down and looked at him. "So, what's up?"

Sehun didn't budge.

"Hello. Earth to Sehun? You're the one thinking too deeply now-" I said but I was cut off midway by Sehun's lips capturing mine. I instantly melted at Sehun's actions. I gotta thank myself for brushing my teeth before coming down. Good job, Stella. I wanna pat myself on the back.

I removed myself from Sehun's grasp and broke the kiss. I know I am as red as a tomato, but who cares? I can't resist my husband. Imagine if you're in my place, can you resist an Oh Sehun?