Chapter 11

I tensed at the touch and immediately pushed the person's hand away from my waist.

"Woah, there. Easy." A familiar voice said.

I looked at him and involuntarily put my hand near my chest. "Sehun." I breathed a sigh of relief. "Don't sneak up on me like that," I exclaimed.

"I'm sorry." He replied back with guilt.

"It's fine. Why are you here anyway?" I asked him a little bit confused about the reason why he decided to show up here in my cafè.

"Well, I just wanted to pick you up. No reason." He threw his hands up in the air. That's new, it was the first time he's picking me up.

"Well, where is Mr. Evans?" I asked him, clearly used to Mr. Evans' presence at this time of the night.

Sehun cleared his throat. "I needed him to do something for me."

It's strange how Sehun decided to show up here and pick me up, but his explanation towards the reason why Mr. Evans isn't here is more stranger.

"Come on, let's go," Sehun said, walking to his car and opening the passenger door for me.

Well, what do we got here? A gentleman? Oh please, how many more sides of Sehun do I need to figure out? He was acting strangely yesterday, calling me little mushroom and doing things for me. I am not used to this side of him.

"Hello, earth to Stella. You're zoning out again." Sehun called seeing I am still standing in front of the cafè.

"Oh, sorry," I muttered, quickly going to the passenger side and sliding in. Once I was inside, Sehun closed the car door and jogged to his side.

"Seatbelts," Sehun said before driving away from the cafè.

"How's your cafè doing?" Sehun asked me, starting small talk.

"It's good. It's fine. I found a new barista." I replied to his gesture of small talk while looking at the window outside.

"Well, that's great. Tell me about him." Oh, I thought it's just small talk? Sehun was never really one to talk to much. When he talks, it's precise, no beating around the bush and such, but today, or should I say tonight, it feels like it's not the same Sehun I was with a few months ago.

I cleared my throat and thought about how I should describe Jun. "He's a fresh graduate, in his middle twenties, makes good coffee, very polite and decent looking guy, I could even call him handsome from my point of view if you would ask me."

"Hmm. Am I more handsome than him?" Sehun said looking away from the road and directly at me.

What the hell is he asking? "Eyes on the road Sehun. And what?" I exclaimed, bewildered by his comment.

"I'm serious. Am I more handsome than him?" He repeated it once again and made an act of sweeping his hair back while looking at the rearview mirror.

Sehun could've been the coldest man when I met him, but no one can deny his face. He's the great bachelor of South Korea after all, well before he married me. Young businessman, handsome looks, and full of connections. Perfect for young women who are looking for young powerful men. I sometimes wonder why did it have to be me when there are lots of girls he could've married out there. Tons of girls needed by their father in order to be tied with Sehun's company, but why did it have to be me?

"Hello. Little mushroom, you're zoning out again. Seriously, you should stop doing that." Sehun said, losing his other hand on the steering wheel and I thought he was going to grab my hand, but instead grabbed the break.