Chapter 10

"Stella." A familiar voice called.

"Yes?" I answered.

"No matter what happens, I'll come back for you, okay? You just need to wait for me. I'll arrange everything. Promise me you'll wait for me." The familiar voice said.

"What? Why? Where are you going?"

"I'll become big, Stella. I will become big, so I can fight for you."

"What? I don't understand."

"Stella, just promise me." The voice pleaded.

And before I knew it, I found myself answering. "I promise."

~
I woke up with my head throbbing really bad. I got a strange dream again. Who was that guy I was talking to? The voice was familiar, but I couldn't seem to decipher his face. What were these continuous strange dreams I've been getting? I tried to get up as I felt the cushion underneath me and I realized I'm in my bedroom. What happened?

"You're awake." Sehun's voice echoed.

"Yes. Wh-what happened?" I looked at him. He looks stressed, his eyebrows together and both of his arms folded in front of his chest. He was looking down on me.

"I told you last night I'll figure it out. Why did you go there?" He inquired, disappointment evident on his face.

"I-I-.." I didn't know what to say. I just wanted answers. I wanted the truth, but I didn't know the truth will hurt me this much. And more so, I didn't know he was also dealing with my things. I felt guilty for putting him in this mess.

"You do know you have a weak heart. What were you thinking, going there on your own?! If you had not managed to call me, what would happen to you, huh? Did you realize that?! Moreover, I found your medicine still full!" Sehun complained, almost wanting to raise his voice but controlling himself.

"I- I just wanted answers, I wanted to know if what Kai said was true. I wanted to talk to my parents." I looked down, refusing to look at him.

"Did you get your answers?" Sehun asked.

I just nodded, still looking down.

Sehun sighed. "You should rest." He said walking towards the door.

Wait, how did Sehun know I have a heart problem?!

"Sehun, how did you know I have a weak heart?" I called. He stopped walking. Suddenly, his figure became stiff. His back is still facing me. His wrist closed in a tight fist.

Sehun opened my bedroom door and exited without answering my question.

I laid back again on the bed, still thinking. These past few days all I did was think and I couldn't help it.

The truth was laid out on me. I knew I was adopted, but I didn't know I wasn't worth anything to them. I was used as a bridge for a company to be saved. I've lived my life as a complete lie. No one was really there for me. I guess it's just me and my subconscious.

Right, my shop. I forgot to call Jenny today. A lot of things have happened, my cafè completely leaving my mind.

I tried to look for my phone. On my nightstand, on my purse, it wasn't there. I went down to look for it.

I saw Sehun setting up the table with the help of Sandy.

"Sehun, did you see my phone?" I asked. He stopped what he was doing for a while and looked at me.

"Yes, it was broken. You dropped it when you fainted earlier. I'll have someone buy you one later, or get it repaired. Whatever you want." Sehun replied.