Chapter 6

Sunlight seeped through the small space of my curtains. It's 10 am as I got up. I notified Kai and Jen to open the cafè at exactly 8 am. I was pretty exhausted last night and I figured I should just come in a little later when Jen is about to leave for her classes.

I got up from my bed and headed downstairs to make myself a breakfast since Sandy is still on leave. I trudged down the stairs, wondering if Sehun is still here. I wonder if he slept well based on his position on the couch last night, I think it will leave muscle pains. Just as I was thinking about my so-called husband, I was shocked when I saw a plate sitting on the counter with a sticky note on it.

"Eat this, you did not eat last night." -S.

Breakfast? For me? Is he the one who made it? I lifted up the cover and saw Western-style foods on the plate. Sausages, strips of bacon, and eggs were neatly placed on the plate. Wow, I felt my stomach grumbling by the sight of the food.

It was around 2 pm in the afternoon when I decided to go to the cafè.

"Oh, good afternoon Miss Stella." Jen greeted from the counter as I walked in.

"Hi, Jen. How are things going on?" I asked her as she moved out of the counter to make way.

I looked at the drawer to audit how much we've had for the day. "It was pretty good actually. More people are upstairs. Our customers today are mostly up for studying. They weren't really hard to assist, just occasional refills and such." Jen explained to me as she sat on one of the stools since there are only 3 persons on the first floor.

I smiled at Jen, signifying that I acknowledge her effort to talk to me how the day went. I headed towards the kitchen and I saw the good looking barista working on something.

"Kai," I called.

He looked at me and said, "Hello, Miss Stella. I mean, hello, Stella."

"What are you working on?"

"Oh. Just trying to level up our menus. I am just trying on some mixing and such." Kai explained.

"Oh really. Tell me about it."

"I was just trying if the original cafè latte will fit with a dalgona chocolate flavored." He explained doing a whisk-thing on his hand.

"Ah I see, let me taste it." He smiled at me then handed me the mug.

"Hmmm. It does suit the cafè latte but I guess lessen the sugar a little bit. It's too sweet." I smiled at him while talking honestly. I didn't want to sound rude.

"Okay. Got it. I understand."

"Recommend this to the young customers. They'll like the taste because it's sweet and not strong." I told him. "Wow, my barista's getting better huh." I folded my arms on my chest.

"Well, I couldn't afford to let down my boss. I don't wanna be fired. I wonder if she'll wanna fire me?" He said with a smirk on his face. Then suddenly, he leaned his face closer and said, "Or if she can fire me."

My heartbeat increased rapidly. I couldn't handle this closeness. I can even hear the sound of his breath. I can't. Heat crept up to my cheeks. I am probably blushing now, as red as a tomato.

I walked back and composed myself again. "Don't ever do that to me. I am your boss. Don't forget that. Please be professional." I said quickly and headed outside but before I could exit the kitchen, a hand grasped my wrist making me jolt.

"Stella, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Kai said with sincerity on his voice, but not on his face. Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

"It's fine. Don't pull anything like that again. I need to go." I said as I pulled my arm away from him and headed outside.