Chapter 16

My tears kept on flowing non-stop. My emotion's like a whirlwind. This is bad for me, but I can't seem to control it. I removed myself from his embrace.

The rain poured hard. Both of us are soaking wet. We just stood there, looking at each other, not knowing where to start, nor what to say. Sehun removed his jacket and put it on my shoulders. I looked at myself and realized I am wearing a white blouse and since I am soaking wet, it's see-through now. It's really my unlucky day today, I guess.

"Why didn't you call me?" Finally, someone decided to speak.

"My phone died," I answered shortly, diverting my eyes anywhere but his direction. I didn't know if I should call you. I didn't know if I had the right to call you.

"Why did you walk? It's raining hard." He asked me again.

"It's hard to find a taxi near the café. I decided to walk to go to that stop." I pointed to a stop that is still too far even though I've started walking already.

"Come on, let's go home. You'll get a cold if you stay too long in those clothes." Sehun said and grabbed my hand. I stood still, contemplating whether to come with him. What's the point of going back to that house? I don't belong there. Honestly, I don't belong anywhere.

"Stella?" Sehun called when he noticed I wasn't budging.

"Stella? Let's go home."

Home? Do I even have a home? It's your house, not mine. Am I even welcome to your house?

"I don't want to," I muttered lowly, but Sehun caught it, despite the pouring rain echoing the surroundings. He and his ears.

"What? Why?" He asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders. Actually, it's true. I don't know, I am not sure of anything. I am not even clear about what I want.

"What do you mean?" Sehun asked, trying to decipher my words.

I don't understand myself too.

"Stella, come on. It's raining so hard." Sehun tried to drag me, but I didn't budge.

"Sehun." I should tell him.

He looked at me.

"Let's end everything here,"  I said the words I've been dreading to say.

"The sooner, the better, right?" I added, my chest aching at my own words.

"Wh-What do you mean, Stella?" Sehun said, clearly taken aback by what I just dropped.

"Let's stop this. There's no point in continuing this anyway." I added.

"No, no, no, Stella. What do you mean? Do you want to break off our marriage?" Sehun asked, his words are clearly what I wanted to say but can't seem to form.

I don't know what to say next, so I just nodded.

"Why?" He asked.

I shrugged. "There was no point staying married, I was disowned, the deal with my father is nothing anymore. So what's the point in continuing this, right?"

Sehun looked at me straight. "Weren't you happy with me?"

I was. I was really happy that I forget who I am. I was really happy that I forget there was an end to this. I was really happy even though I didn't know where I stand.

I sighed. "Let's stop playing, shall we?"

"Who said I was playing?!" Sehun's voice suddenly got stronger.