Chapter 5

The next day, Sehun and I kept giving each other the cold shoulder. As soon as I got up, I showered and changed into my casual clothes. I put on light makeup and then grabbed my bag. I am planning to skip breakfast in order to avoid Sehun but when I went down, I realized Sehun has already left. Well, I guess he and I have the same agenda in our minds: which is to avoid each other. Sandy is also nowhere to be seen which is quite strange. I went on with my original plan not to take breakfast and headed outside.

I was greeted by Mr. Evans with a good morning but I didn't bother to say it back. What is good in the morning anyway? My mood is greatly affected by this so-called husband of mine. I went inside the car and soon we were on the road.

"Mr. Evans, I was wondering where Sandy was?" I asked him as I stared at the rearview mirror.

"Ms. Park will be gone for a while. A week or two maybe. Her grandmother is sick so she decided to make a visit to her and maybe spent time with her. Mr. Oh approved of her leave." Mr. Evans replied.

Well, look at what we've got here. Sehun and I will be the only ones left in the house. I do not find that idea pleasing. I shook my thoughts away as we reached the café that will be opening today. I hope my first day will be a great start.

"Mr. Evans, you can go back now," I told him as I exited the car. I looked for the keys in my bag, wondering where I put it last night. I finally got it but it fell from my hand. Remember to arrange your things in your bag if you do not want to take a lot of time to find something. I was about to bend down to get the keys from the floor when a hand grabbed them. I looked at the person and saw that it was Kai.

"Oh, Kai. Good Morning." I greeted him. What? Who was this girl who said in her mind a while ago, 'what was good in the morning anyway?' What? Don't tell me you were swayed by your employee's smile.

"Good Morning Miss Stella, here are the keys." I know I am Mrs now but I'll just settle as a miss for now. He handed me the keys he grabbed from the floor and I took them from his hand. Once we were inside, we started preparing for the day. Kai went directly to the kitchen, putting on an apron, and started working. I pulled up the blinds and put the chairs on the floor and then wiped the tables. I did the same upstairs to make the library look more decent.
By 8:30 we were done preparing and the girl who was supposed to be the worker who called when she saw my post, finally came.

"Hi, you must be Min Jenniffer. I am Stella, the one you talked to on the phone last night." I introduced myself to her. She bowed and I did the same.

"Please take a seat." I gestured her to one of the tables.

"Thank you."

"Please tell me something about yourself," I told her not meaning to sound professional but ended up doing so.

"I am Min Jenniffer. You can call me Jen. I am a college student, I study at night. My parents are both from the countryside but I decided to study in the city so I am working for my studies. Although my parents didn't like the idea of me living by myself, in the end, they supported me when I explained to them the opportunities I can get living and studying in the urban area. " I like her, hardworking and passionate for her studies.

"Okay, I am not really one who is fond of interviews and such. You're hired. You can start now and as you can see, I just opened it today. Maybe by tomorrow, I can settle your uniform, but there's a spare apron in the kitchen if you'd like to use something to protect your clothes. Work hours start at 8 am, we can talk later about the time you can clock out." I explained to her and I saw her face lit up with enthusiasm. I believe she wants to giggle like crazy but she's holding it back in order to stay professional with me.